How do I change my IP address in Windows XP?
- Click Start, then select Control Panel.
- Click Network Connections.
- Right-click the connection you want to change and choose Properties.
Note: If you are changing the IP address on a physical connection, it will be called “Local Area Connection”. If you are changing the IP address on a wireless connection, it will be called “Wireless Network Connection”.
- In the middle of the Properties window, scroll down to "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and left-click on it to select it, then click Properties.
- Select the radio button "Use the following IP address".
- Enter your desired IP address and click into the Subnet Mask area, which should auto-fill appropriately.
- Click OK twice to apply the settings.
Note: If you are changing your IP address to access a specific device, minimize the Network Connections window. Complete the steps above, but in step 5, select Obtain an IP address automatically to access the Internet again.