Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
When you troubleshoot issues with a rack console, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Video cables
- Video source
- USB/PS2 cables
Before you test the components, make sure that the rack console is properly mounted to a rack. For more information, see the documentation that came with the rack console.
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the video cables, video source, monitor, and USB/PS2 cable(s) in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different video cable, video source, monitor, and USB/PS2 cable(s) in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
Note: When testing with a different keyboard, mouse, and monitor, connect the devices directly to your computer.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Test each cable individually.
- Use short cables, with the least amount of adapters.
When you test the video cables, video source, and monitor, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Use a resolution that is compatible with the monitor and any KVM switches that you may use.
- When a KVM switch is used with the rack console, make sure that you selected the correct source.
If some of the sources are working but not others, you may be experiencing issues with the KVM switch in your setup. For more information, see the KVM Troubleshooting FAQ.