DB9 to RJ45 Modular Adapter - M/F
Convert your DB9 female connector into an RJ45 female connector
Product ID: GC98MF
The GC98MF Modular Adapter features a DB9 male connector and an RJ45 female connector. Used for modular RS232, RS422 and RS485 connections, the adapter converts your DB9 female connection into an RJ45 female connection. The adapter allows for custom serial pin out configurations.
The DB9M/RJ45F adapter is backed by lifetime warranty, guaranteeing long-lasting durability.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Can be used to make customized serial connections
- Guaranteed reliability
|Connector A||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|Connector B||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Product Length||8.5 cm [3.3 in]|
|Weight of Product||17.5 g [0.6 oz]|
|Package Height||0.1 mm [0 in]|
|Package Length||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Package Width||9 cm [3.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||20 g [0.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - DB9 to RJ45 Serial Port Adapter M/F|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
A straight-through serial cable is the most common type of serial cable, used to connect a Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) device (for example, a computer) to a Data Communications Equipment (DCE) device (for example, a modem). The pinout of the serial connectors on both sides of the cable are exactly the same with a straight-through serial cable.
A null modem serial cable (frequently called a crossover cable) is used to connect two DTE devices together without the use of a DCE device in between. For this to happen, the Transmit (TXD) and Receive (RXD) pins on one of the serial connectors are flipped.
To confirm the type of serial cable that is required for your device or configuration, refer to the information provided by the manufacturer.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.