SATA to 2.5in or 3.5in IDE Hard Drive Adapter for HDD Docks
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Product ID: SAT2IDEADP
The SAT2IDEADP SATA to IDE hard drive adapter enables you to use your 2.5-inch/3.5-inch IDE-based (PATA) hard drives in most StarTech.com SATA-based HDD docking stations and drive duplicators. The SATA-IDE adapter features all-metal construction that ensures maximum durability, and is fully compatible with IDE hard drives up to ATA-133 (133MBps).
The unique mounting style of the SATA/IDE adapter enables it to be easily mounted to an IDE/ATA hard drive, and inserted into a SATA hard drive dock bay, for quick and easy retrieval of data from older HDDs. The adapter can also be used to install IDE hard drives into SATA-only desktop computers, or any other scenario that requires an IDE hard drive to be connected through Serial ATA.
The SAT2IDEADP hard drive adapter works with most StarTech.com SATA HDD Docking Stations and Duplicators.
Backed by 2-year warranty and free, lifetime technical support.
- Use old IDE/PATA hard drives in a SATA hard drive docking station
- Install an IDE/PATA hard drive into a computer with only SATA ports
- Easily recover data from a 2.5in (laptop) IDE hard drive, by connecting it to a SATA-enabled computer or docking station
- Technicians who are required to work with a wide variety of old and new technologies
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Unique design allows any 2.5/3.5in IDE hard drive to be used and inserted (upright) into a SATA HDD docking station or duplicator drive bay
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JM20330|
|Compatible Drive Types||IDE (ATA)|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - SP4 (4 pin, Small Drive Power) Male|
|Drive Connectors||1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Female|
|1 - IDE (44 Pin, EIDE/PATA, 2.5" HDD) Female|
|1 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Female|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Humidity||8% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 80°C (41°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.6 cm [1 in]|
|Product Length||10.1 cm [4 in]|
|Product Width||78 mm [3.1 in]|
|Weight of Product||104 g [3.7 oz]|
|Package Height||52 mm [2 in]|
|Package Length||14.7 cm [5.8 in]|
|Package Width||11 cm [4.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||218 g [7.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SATA to IDE adapter|
|1 - 40-pin IDE cable|
|1 - 40-pin to 44-pin IDE cable with power|
|1 - SP4 to LP4 Power cable|
|1 - Package of mounting screws|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Bi-directional adapter converts IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE
421+ In stock
Connect 2 SATA hard drives to an IDE motherboard or card
Allows connection of a SATA device to an IDE motherboard or card
147+ In stock
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
594+ In stock
Clone any combination of 2.5in or 3.5in IDE or SATA hard drives
Desktop Front Bay Adapter
1666+ In stock
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Note: If you are using an IDE hard drive 1 Gigabyte in size or smaller, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_minimum_ide_hard_drive_size
If you are unable to detect your IDE (PATA) drive using a StarTech.com product, you may need to change the jumper settings on your drive. The jumpers switch the drive between Master, Slave, and Cable Select for most drives. A jumper is a small plastic piece that slides on top of two pins to electrically short them together.
When it does not mention what IDE drive configuration is required or if there is only one drive in the setup, the drive should be configured as Master. If Master is not working, try using the drive in Cable Select.
There is no standard position for the jumpers on IDE drives. On some drives, the jumper diagram is on the label that is on the top of the drive. On other drives, there are markings on the circuit board for CS, MA, and SL, which means a jumper shorts the pins vertically in that position. For more information, refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.