Dual-Bay 2.5” to 3.5” SATA Hard Drive Adapter Enclosure with RAID
Install two 2.5” SATA drives into a 3.5” drive bay and get increased performance or data redundancy with RAID
Product ID: 35SAT225S3R
- Upgrade your system performance by installing two 2.5” SSDs/HDDS in a 3.5" drive bay
- Features hardware RAID - RAID 0, 1 plus JBOD and spanning to enhance drive performance or add redundancy
- Installs easily into internal or external 3.5” drive bays
This unique dual-bay adapter enclosure gives you an easy and cost-effective way to upgrade legacy systems such as desktop PCs and servers, by letting you install two 2.5" solid-state drives or hard drives into a single 3.5" drive bay.
Upgrade your system performance
The adapter enclosure lets you install newer, higher performing drives such as SSDs into legacy systems that may only support 3.5” hard drives. The enclosure provides a cost-efficient way for companies and organizations to enhance storage performance and reliability without expensive upgrades to core IT systems. It's also ideal for system administrators and integrators who want to build a system or upgrade a system with limited SATA interfaces to take advantage of the increased drive performance of 2.5” SSDs or increased capacity with support for two drives.
The adapter enclosure allows you to install two 2.5" SATA drives into an internal or external 3.5-inch bay, such as a drive drawer caddy or tray, or 3.5" drive enclosure. To utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, the drive converter supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6Gbps. Suitable for drives with a height of up to 9.5 mm, virtually any 2.5" SATA drive can be made to look and function like a 3.5" drive.
Enhanced performance and data redundancy with RAID
The adapter enclosure is equipped with hardware RAID to provide improved performance and data redundancy. The enclosure supports both RAID 0 and RAID 1 as well as Spanning, and JBOD, and lets you choose your preferred backup mode by simply adjusting the RAID setting switch.
The RAID 1 functionality is ideal in a hot-swapping server environment, providing a level of security and reliability to your data through data redundancy. With RAID 0 support, you can combine the storage capacity of the two hard drives and achieve faster read and write speeds.
Easy and flexible installation
You can install the adapter enclosure into a desktop PC or server. It offers flexible use in hot-swap bays or in a more fixed, permanent installation in a 3.5” hard-drive mounting bay with standard mounting holes. Once installed, you simply slide two 2.5” HDDs/SSDs into the adapter enclosure, with no tools required. The aluminum housing protects installed drives in a durable enclosure.
The 35SAT225S3R is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Upgrade legacy systems such as desktop PCs and servers
- Build or upgrade a desktop PC or server to take advantage of the increased performance of two 2.5" HDDs or SSDs in a 3.5" drive bay - ideal for system integrators, IT professionals and prosumers
- Upgrade core IT systems cost-efficiently
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1092R|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Front Door Key Lock||No|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Number of internal 3.5 inch bays||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||9.5mm|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6Gbps|
|Supported RAID Modes||RAID 0 (Striped Disks)|
|RAID 1 (Mirrored Disks)|
|BIG (Spanning or Concatenation)|
|JBOD - (Just a Bunch of Disks)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin)|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Bay 1 HDD Error|
|1 - Bay 2 HDD Error|
|Humidity||5% ~ 65%|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 90°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)|
|Color||Silver & Black|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||26 mm [1 in]|
|Product Length||14.6 cm [5.7 in]|
|Product Width||10.2 cm [4 in]|
|Weight of Product||223 g [7.9 oz]|
|Package Height||36 mm [1.4 in]|
|Package Length||16.2 cm [6.4 in]|
|Package Width||11.4 cm [4.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||270 g [9.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - dual-bay 2.5" to 3.5" drive converter|
|4 - mounting screws|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Turn a 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD into a 3.5” SATA Drive
Turn Virtually any 2.5" SATA or SAS Hard Drive into a 3.5" SATA Drive
666+ In stock
Install two M.2 SSDs into a 2.5” bay to create high-performance storage with configurable RAID
87+ In stock
Convert an mSATA mini-SSD into a Standard 2.5in SATA SSD
197+ In stock
Convert an M.2 solid state drive into a standard 2.5in form factor 6Gbps SSD
349+ In stock
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.