How do I install my USB laptop docking station in Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10? (.exe method)
Note: Do not physically connect the USB laptop docking station to your computer until you are instructed to (Step 6).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, extract the files from the zip folder. Right-click the DisplayLink.zip or DisplayLinkDock.zip file, select Extract All and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Right-click Setup.exe.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you may be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Please extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and software. Restart the computer either when prompted, or when the installer disappears.
- Connect any video cables from your display(s) to the video port(s) on the docking station.
- Once Windows has restarted, connect the docking station to your computer.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation.
Note: Installation may take several seconds to complete. During the installation your display might flicker. This is normal. Once the installation is complete you will see your Windows desktop extended to the additional monitor(s).