Is there a different or more advanced way to install my hard drive controller card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8 /10?
Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website at http://www.startech.com/Support. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions. The extracted files should open automatically.
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Right-click PCI Device, which will have a “!” or “?” next to it to indicate a driver issue, and click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer check box.
- On the Select your device’s type from the list below screen, click Show All Devices, and click Next.
Note: The Select your device’s type from the list below screen does not appear on all systems. If you do not see this screen, skip this step.
Browse to the Manual Driver folder, choose the folder for your operating system and open the 32-bit or the 64-bit folder, depending on your system type.
Note: To view you system type, click Start, right-click Computer, and click Properties.
- Click the asahxp file. Click OK and click Next to install the driver.