2.5in USB 3.0 SATA Hard Disk Drive Enclosure for SAT2510U3REM
Turn a 2.5in SATA HDD/SSD into an external USB 3.0 drive while also an additional or replacement removable enclosure for the SAT2510U3REM
Product ID: SAT2510U3S
The SAT2510U3S 2.5in Hard Disk Drive Enclosure for SAT2510U3REM is a spare SATA drive enclosure for use with the SAT2510U3REM Removable Hard Drive Backup System/Mobile Rack, which simplifies removing/rotating drives, and is also backward compatible with the USB 2.0 model, SAT2510U2REM.
This 2.5" SATA enclosure allows for native SATA connectivity (SATA 6 Gbps compliant) while mounted inside the SAT2510U3REM backup system, but also provides SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connectivity (with up to 5 Gbps of data bandwidth) when used externally.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Provides spare enclosures for the SAT2510U3REM for swapping between multiple drives
- Connects externally through USB 3.0, with up to 5 Gbps of data bandwidth for fast access to stored data
- Keeps drives protected when outside of the SAT2510U3REM bay
Use multiple hard drives with the same SAT2510U3REM installation for archiving or rotating backups
Professionals working with very large files who need to transport them between computers/locations
Business professionals who need first hand access to their office data while travelling
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1053
ASMedia - ASM1456
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|1 - USB 3.0 Micro-B (10 pin, SuperSpeed) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Activity (Green)|
|Humidity||5% ~ 95% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Max Drive Height||0.4 in [9.5 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [15.9 mm]|
|Product Length||5.2 in [132.8 mm]|
|Product Weight||4.3 oz [122 g]|
|Product Width||3.1 in [79.1 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.6 lb [0.3 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2.5" SATA Enclosure for SAT2510U3REM|
|1 - USB 3.0 A to Micro-B Cable|
|1 - Screw Kit|
Frequently Asked Questions
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive rack, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- SATA and SAS cables
- Hard drives
- Hard drive rack
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive rack in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive rack in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive rack, it is recommended that you do the following:
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, it needs to be formatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter assigned to it, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.