CardBus to ExpressCard Laptop Adapter Card – USB Based
Convert a CardBus slot into a USB-Based ExpressCard slot
Product ID: EC2CBU
- Compliant with USB specification 2.0
- Easily connect your CardBus card into the adapter slot and convert to ExpressCard
- USB 2.0 transfer rate up to 480 Mbps
This PCMCIA to Expresscard Adapter quickly and easily adapts USB based ExpressCard/34 devices to work through your laptop CardBus slot.
With support for hot-plug installation, you can connect and remove the PCMCIA to ExpressCard adapter without even having to shut down the computer, making it the ideal solution for connecting commonly used devices such as broadband wireless modems, flash card adapters and other legacy IO devices. (Note: Only works with USB-based Expresscard/34 devices)
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Use this adapter to connect all of your existing USB-based ExpressCards through your laptop's CardBus slot without the hassle of having to replace them
- Drivers are not required
- Hot-plug support allows you to connect/remove this adapter without turning off your system
Allows older systems with only CardBus slot to use the latest USB-based ExpressCard/34 adapter cards
Supports USB-based broadband wireless modems (such as CDMA, EV-DO, GPRS), flash memory, flash card adapters, security, legacy I/O (PS2, serial, parallel), optical disk drives, and GPS receivers
|Bus Type||CardBus (PCMCIA)|
|Chipset ID||Renesas/NEC - µPD720102|
|Interface||ExpressCard (USB 2.0 Bus)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||USB 2.0 Bus: Up to 480 Mbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - ExpressCard (34mm) Slot|
|1 - PC Card (Type II, Cardbus)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 2000/ XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8(32/64-bit) Linux|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Pentium® or equivalent notebook with an available Type II PC Card slot|
|Product Height||8 mm [0.3 in]|
|Product Length||95 mm [3.7 in]|
|Product Weight||25 g [0.9 oz]|
|Product Width||54 mm [2.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 kg [0.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - ExpressCard to CardBus Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.