How do I set up or change the RAID mode for my hard drive enclosure?
Note: Any data currently on the drives will be lost during this process. You need to back up all of your data before you set a RAID mode.
To set a RAID mode, complete the following:
- Use a USB cable to connect the hard drive enclosure to a computer.
Note: Your computer needs to be turned on while completing these instructions.
- Turn off the hard drive enclosure.
- Set the RAID switch to the RAID mode that you want to set.
- Press and hold the Set button and turn on the hard drive enclosure.
- When the enclosure is turned on, release the Set button.
Note: When you change the RAID mode again, complete the steps above to set the unit back to JBOD before you set a different RAID mode.