VDSL2 Ethernet Extender Kit Over Single-Pair Wire - 10/100Mbps - 1.5km
Scale your 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network up to 1.5km over RJ11 phone lines
Product ID: 110VDSLEXT2
- Reduce additional expenses using your existing phone line infrastructure or RJ11 cable
- Convenient point-to-point extension over longer distances than standard 10/100Mbps Ethernet cable
- Protects your connected equipment with 8kV air and 4kV contact ESD and surge protection
The StarTech.com VDSL2 Ethernet extender kit lets you connect a remote network segment or device to your network, using RJ11 phone cable.
The network extender is a simple, reliable, and cost-effective solution for spanning your network across long distances. While maintaining high speeds, the extender also safeguards your investments by providing surge and ESD protection to your connected device.
Connects equipment over longer distances
The VDSL2 extender reduces the hassle of networking your devices or workstations by overcoming the 330ft (100m) distance limitations of common CATx Ethernet cable. Now you can connect equipment at longer distances using existing RJ11 cable while still retaining 10/100Mbps fast-Ethernet speeds.
Perfect for connecting isolated terminals, kiosks, or server rooms using single pair copper wire such as telephone cable, the extender kit lets you transmit and receive data at distances up to 5000ft (1500m) at 17Mbps, or 1000ft (300m) at 100Mbps throughput.
Cost-effective, reliable, and convenient
This handy extender helps you network separate buildings at the same location, and saves you money. Using legacy plain old telephone service (POTS), you can deliver network access across an existing phone line infrastructure, which is perfect for older buildings.
Alternatively, you can couple the extender with a single point-to-point RJ11 cable, giving you more options for providing network connections in situations where standard CATx wired or wireless access is unavailable or unreliable.
All-in-one solution that’s easy to use
A true out-of-the-box solution, the extender kit includes interchangeable transmitter and receiver units that are completely customizable using the integrated DIP switches. Setup is fast and you can be up and running with no software or driver installation required.
The 110VDSLEXT2 also features compact housing that’s perfect for desktop or wall-mount applications, and is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect users or network segments in isolated areas of a large complex or separate buildings
- Perfect for stone, concrete, and heritage buildings where network connectivity is typically unavailable
- Extend network access or connect IP cameras and WiFi access points in remote areas of a stadium, auditorium, or campus
|Chipset ID||Metanoia - MT2301GL-A1
Metanoia - MT3301GN-A3
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX|
|VDSL2 ITU-T G.993.2, VDSL ITU-T G.993.1, and VDSL2/VDSL ITU-T G.997.1 compliant|
|IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex Flow Control, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging|
|Regulatory Approvals||EN61000-4-5 2KV
EN61000-4-2 - Contact +/- 4KV, Air +/- 8KV
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||9K max.|
|Max Distance||1.5 km (0.9 mi)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||200 Mbps - Full-Duplex|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - RJ-11 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - RJ-11 Female|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|1 - Ethernet|
|1 - VDSL|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.2 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||1.0 A|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||3|
|Power Source||2 AC Adapters Included|
|Humidity||10~90% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)|
|Product Height||1.3 in [33 mm]|
|Product Length||4 in [10.2 cm]|
|Product Width||2.6 in [67 mm]|
|Weight of Product||6.4 oz [180 g]|
|Package Height||3.6 in [91 mm]|
|Package Length||5.5 in [14 cm]|
|Package Width||7.9 in [20 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||22.2 oz [630 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Ethernet VDSL2 - Transmitter|
|1 - Ethernet VDSL2 - Receiver|
|2 - RJ45 Cables|
|2 - Wall-mount Screws and Anchors|
|8 - Rubber Feet|
|2 - Power Adapters|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a VDSL Extender, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. To identify what the source of the issue is, observe the power LED, LAN LED, and VDSL LED on the units.
If the power LED is not illuminated for the transmitter or the receiver, complete the following:
- Make sure that you are using the provided power adapter(s).
- Make sure that the adapter is plugged into a compatible wall outlet.
- Make sure that the adapter is plugged into both the transmitter and receiver.
If another LED is not operating as expected, make sure that the components in your setup are working correctly. To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, VDSL extender, and network devices in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use different cables, a different VDSL extender, and network devices in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test components that you know work in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Test each cable individually.
- Use short cables when you are testing.
Make sure that the DIP switches are set to the following:
- DIP switch one (CO/CPE) is opposite on both units. It does not matter which unit is set to CO or CPE.
- DIP switches two to four are identical on both local and remote units. By default, DIP switches two to four are set to Off (the switch is pointing up).
If there is still no VDSL connection or if there is intermittent connection issues, try the following:
- Modify the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) by changing switch four on both units.
- Modify the operation mode of the unit by changing switch two or three so that they match on both units.
If you cannot establish a network connection between your remote and local units, you need to do the following to make sure that the issue is not related to the network configuration:
- Use two computer systems directly connected to the VDSL extender LAN ports.
- Open a command prompt on Computer 1 and ping Computer 2.
If the issue is not related to the network configuration, you should receive a response from Computer 2.
For more information on how to ping another network device, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=networking#ping-test-windows-mac-os.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.