December 03, 2015
StarTech.com is the first to market a Thunderbolt docking station that allows two DisplayPort monitors.
Lockbourne, OH - December 1, 2015 - StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of a Thunderbolt 2 Dual Video Docking Station (SKU: TB2DOCK4K2DP) that features connections for two DisplayPort monitors. This is the first docking station on the market that enables Mac and Thunderbolt users to create a dual-monitor workstation, all through a single Thunderbolt 2 connection to the dock.
The Thunderbolt 2 Dual Video Docking Station offers a higher level of productivity for users who need multiple high-resolution monitors, and expanded device connectivity. With a variety of ports, including digital optical audio and eSATA, users can connect up to 12 devices. For the ultimate Thunderbolt workstation, you can connect two DisplayPort monitors or a single 4K Ultra HD monitor.
“Thunderbolt users have been looking for dual video support using mainstream displays and we have answered that call. With this docking station, users no longer require a Thunderbolt display to add dual video to their laptop,” said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager at StarTech.com.
This Thunderbolt 2 dock is great for users who work with highly detailed graphics, such as animators, web-designers and engineers. It can also benefit high-end audio environments, such as recording studios, due to 5.1 S/PDIF digital optical audio output and line input.
Features of the Thunderbolt 2 Dual Video Docking Station:
- Uses the full 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 bandwidth, for connection between the host laptop and the dock
- Dual DisplayPort video output, for two external monitors
- Supports a single 4K (3840 x 2160p) display, including one 4K display when using a Thunderbolt monitor and a DisplayPort monitor
- S/PDIF 5.1 digital optical audio output for both MacBook and laptop users, plus microphone input
- eSATA port for fast, external data storage
- Always-on USB data and charging port compliant with Battery Charging Specification 1.2 for fast charging mobile devices, with or without a laptop connected to the dock
- Three USB 3.0 ports for connecting additional USB devices
- Gigabit Ethernet port with Wake-on-LAN
- Attractive silver sandblast aluminum finish that matches the Apple MacBook
The Thunderbolt 2 Dual Video Docking Station will be available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.