3.5in USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Enclosure w/ Fan
Backup and Transfer Data at SuperSpeed USB 3.0 speeds
Product ID: SAT3510BU3
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface, with transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- High Speed USB 2.0 compliant host interface, with transfer rates up to 480Mbps
- Light-weight and durable aluminum side panels
The SAT3510BU3 Black USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure lets you connect a 3.5in SATA hard drive through USB 3.0 - a cutting edge external storage solution that lets you harness the speed and performance supported by the SuperSpeed USB interface. Large capacity drives (tested with up to 4TB) can be used to greatly enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities.
Supporting data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, this external HDD enclosure delivers access to files at lightning fast speeds - 10x that of USB 2.0, and 60% faster than SATA II eSATA. Plus, the USB 3.0 interface is backward compatible with USB revisions 2.0 and 1.1, so the enclosure can be used with older systems that don't support the newest USB standard, at speeds of 480Mbps and 12 Mbps (respectively).
The drive enclosure features a compact, free-standing design that requires minimal desk space, and is equipped with an 80mm fan that helps keep the installed hard drive cool for peak performance.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SAT3510BU3 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
Backed by 2-year warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- With transfer rates up to 5Gbps with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and backward compatibility with older USB 2.0 systems, this versatile hard drive enclosure offers a cost-effective external storage solution
- Aluminum side panels with a large 80mm cooling fan ensures durability and optimal cooling in almost any situation
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
Take advantage of new laptops and desktops that offer USB 3.0 connectivity
Upgrade from a USB 2.0 drive enclosure to a faster USB 3.0 external storage solution
Create a fast, portable external storage solution for desktops, laptops or netbooks
Add-on extra storage to almost any USB-enabled computer system
Backup important data to an external storage device
Share large files between computers quickly and securely without a network connection
Retrieve data from old SATA drive, or turn the unused drive into additional external storage space
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1051|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Fan Bearing Type||Sleeve Bearing|
|Fans||1 - 80 mm|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Air Flow Rate||22 CFM|
|Fan RPM||2500 RPM|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 2TB hard drives|
|Noise Level||29 dBA|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Solid - Power, Blinking - Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||110V-240V AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||24|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||180 mm [7.1 in]|
|Product Length||143 mm [5.6 in]|
|Product Weight||580 g [20.5 oz]|
|Product Width||52.1 mm [2.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1090 g [38.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 SATA 3.5in Hard Drive Enclosure|
|1 - Foam Spacer|
|1 - 3ft USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter|
|3 - Power Adapter Plug (NA/UK/EU)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Extend your USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable an additional 6 feet
Drivers & Downloads
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this enclosure, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the enclosure was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the enclosure. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the height of your hard drive. For example, 9 mm or 15 mm.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure.
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive enclosure, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Hard drives
- Hard drive enclosure
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive enclosure in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive enclosure in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive enclosure, it is recommended that you do the following:
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.