USB 3.0 to HDMI External Multi Monitor Video Graphics Adapter for Mac & PC - DisplayLink Certified - HD 1080p
USB 3.0 External Video & Graphics Card | Multi-Monitor | USB-Powered | Supports Mac & Windows®
Product ID: USB32HDPRO
- USB 3.0 host connection provides maximum bandwidth for superior performance
- Increase productivity by mirroring or extending your desktop onto another display
- DisplayLink Plug-and-Display certified - automatic driver installation and updates
The USB32HDPRO USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter lets you add an HDMI display to your computer through a USB 3.0 port, providing a cost-effective and convenient way to expand the video capabilities of your Mac® or PC computer system.
USB 3.0 Bandwidth, High Definition Performance
With USB 3.0 support, this external video adapter delivers the bandwidth needed for accelerated High-Definition video performance, capable of outputting video resolutions up to 1920x1200 / 1080p. Even if your current computer doesn’t have a USB 3.0 port available, the USB32HDPRO is backward compatible with USB 2.0, so you’ll be able to connect your HDMI monitor to your computer and be ready for when you upgrade to a USB 3.0-equipped system.
Easier Multitasking, More Productivity
Add the screen space you need to simplify multitasking and maximize productivity, without even opening your computer case. Some computer systems, including MacBook® and Ultrabook™ laptops and small form-factor desktops, are too compact to install an internal video card. A USB display adapter offers an easy workaround, performing as an external video card that only requires an available USB port to mirror or extend your desktop onto another display.
DisplayLink Plug-and-Display Certified
Installation has never been easier. When you connect this DisplayLink Plug and Display certified adapter to a web-enabled Windows® 10, Windows® 8 or Windows® 7 computer, it automatically downloads and installs the most up-to-date drivers for you, so you won’t have to manually download or install any software.
The USB32HDPRO is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: Quad Core 2.4GHz or Higher (i5 recommended)
RAM: 4GB or higher
- Add a secondary DisplayPort display and extend your desktop, without taking apart your computer to install a new video card
- Add multi-monitor capability to a single computer, to enhance multimedia presentations
- Great for researchers and writers, offering the ability to have reference material on one display while working on a separate document on another
- Increase productivity by running multiple applications on different screens - check your email on one display and search the web on the other
- View large or several spreadsheets across multiple displays
- A compact, lightweight solution for traveling business associates using USB 3.0-capable laptop PCs, enabling connection to a secondary display/projector
- Add an additional video output to computer systems with no room for expansion, such as laptops, ultrabooks, MacBooks, and compact form factor desktops (point of sale workstations)
|AV Input||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||DisplayLink - DL-3500|
|Audio Specifications||5.1-Channel Surround (48Khz)|
|General Specifications||If using OS X 10.8, Apple update 10.8.3 must be installed before installing DisplayLink software. 10.8.3 fixes several serious OS X bugs exposed when DisplayLink software is installed.|
|This USB video adapter uses a DisplayLink family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a Trigger or Fresco family chipset.|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200 / 1080p|
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen(16/32 bit):
1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
macOS 10.6 - 10.12, 10.14 - 10.15
Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04
Chrome OS™ v55+
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||This USB video adapter uses a DisplayLink® family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, avoid using devices with different family chipsets, such as Trigger or Fresco Logic®|
|Connect a maximum of five USB video adapters on a single computer. Support for multiple adapters will vary depending upon your system resources|
|This USB video adapter is not intended for graphical intensive applications, such as gaming|
|System and Cable Requirements||System Processor: Quad Core 2.4GHz (i5 recommended)
System Memory: 4GB
|Humidity||20°C to 80°C (68°F to 176°F)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-5°C to 40°C (23°F to 104°F)|
|Cable Length||3 ft [0.9 m]|
|Product Height||0.8 in [2 cm]|
|Product Length||3.5 in [90 mm]|
|Product Width||2.2 in [55 mm]|
|Weight of Product||2.2 oz [62 g]|
|Package Height||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Package Length||8.3 in [21.2 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6.9 oz [196 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter|
|1 - Software installation disc|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
macOS 10.6 - 10.12, 10.14 - 10.15
Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04
Chrome OS™ v55+
- [DisplayLink] Windows USB Display Adapter.zip Version: 9.2 M2
- Displaylink Corporate Installer.zip INF and MSI Installation files
[DisplayLink] Mac USB Display Adapter.zip
10.14 - 10.15 Version: 5.2.1 Beta 3
10.11 to 10.13.3 Version: 4.3.1
Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04: 5.2.0
Ubuntu 17.10: 4.2.29
Ubuntu 14.04: 1.3.54
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
You may have heard of USB video adapters, and have been wondering what they are, and whether or not they will work in your setup.
USB video adapters are devices that take one USB port and go to one or many video connections, such as VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. This is useful if you would like to add an additional display to your computer setup, but are out of video connections on your computer.
USB video adapters allow you to mirror or duplicate your display, so the same windows are shown on all of your displays, or extend your desktop, so that you can have different windows on each display.
So what do you need to know before you purchase a USB video adapter?
- USB video adapters require the computer to have a free USB port.
- Check which video connections your display has, and select the appropriate USB video adapter.
- Ensure that the USB video adapter is compatible with your operating system.
- USB video adapters require your video card to be able to handle an additional display. This is because USB video adapters work with your onboard or dedicated video card to drive additional displays. For this reason you are advised to confirm this with your video card manufacturer.
- Consider what you will be doing on the additional display. If you are looking to perform less graphically intensive activities like using Microsoft Office, email, or basic web surfing, you can use any USB video adapter. If you are looking to perform more graphically intensive activities like high end photo or video editing, you want a USB video adapter with dedicated memory.
There are a few other important things to note:
- When using multiple USB video adapters on the same computer, they need to use the same chipset family. For example, MCT/Trigger, DisplayLink or Fresco. Note: How many adapters you can use depends on the SKU.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with an All-In-One computer. These computers are almost always hardwired to only accept a single display.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with a touchscreen computer or display. A mixture of touchscreen and non-touchscreen devices can conflict with the video card.
- You should not use a USB video adapter to play video games. They are not designed for use with video games, and their performance with them is poor at best.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.