4-Port USB-C Hub - USB-C to 4x USB-A - USB 3.0 Hub - Bus Powered - White
Turn your laptop’s USB Type-C port into four USB Type-A ports (5Gbps) using this bus-powered hub
Product ID: HB30C4ABW
- A cost-effective way to add four USB-A ports to your computer through a USB-C port
- A small-footprint design that’s lightweight and compact, for maximum portability
- USB bus-powered for use with the most common devices, with no external power required for most use cases
This portable USB 3.0 hub expands your laptop or desktop connectivity by adding four USB Type-A ports through a single USB Type-C™ or Thunderbolt™ 3 port. And, because it’s USB bus-powered, you don’t need to connect an external power adapter, which makes travel more convenient and workstations less cluttered.
Take it with you wherever you go
With its compact design, you can take this portable USB-C™ hub anywhere you go. It’s easy to tuck into your laptop bag and only takes up a small amount of desk space when you connect it to your workstation.
Plus, the hub is bus powered, which means it draws power directly from the USB-C port on your computer. This makes it even more portable because there are fewer cables to carry with you when you travel and it doesn’t need an external power adapter.
Keep using your current peripherals and devices
If you’re looking to extend the life of your existing USB-A peripheral devices, then this hub is the perfect solution. By converting a single USB-C port into four USB-A ports, you can continue to use all of your existing USB 3.0 devices such as flash drives, external hard drives, and printers. Now you can save money by avoiding the added cost and hassle of purchasing new USB-C equipped peripherals.
Add four USB 3.0 ports in seconds
This USB hub is multi-platform compatible, which means it will work with a wide range of laptops. It also works with a range of operating systems such as Windows®, Mac, Linux® and Chrome OS™. It installs automatically once you connect it to your laptop, so you can be up and running in seconds.
The HB30C4ABW is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Use the USB-C port on your port-limited laptop, MacBook, Ultrabook™, or Chromebook Pixel™ to expand your connection options by adding extra USB-A ports
- Carry the hub with you while you're traveling, to connect virtually any USB peripheral to your laptop wherever you go
- Perfect for home, office, hot-desk, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), and CYOD (Choose Your Own Device) environments
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL812|
|Industry Standards||USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1|
|USB-C Device Port(s)||No|
|USB-C Host Connection||Yes|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|4 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps.|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB Type-C port - USB 3.0 (5Gbps)|
|Humidity||10~85% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||5.9 in [150 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||3.1 in [80 mm]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [41 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.3 oz [37 g]|
|Package Height||1.3 in [32 mm]|
|Package Length||6.8 in [17.2 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.4 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.8 oz [108 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4-port USB 3.0 hub|
Turn a USB Type-C port on your laptop into three USB Type-A ports (5Gbps) and one USB Type-C port
Turn a USB Type-C port on your laptop into three USB Type-A ports (5Gbps) and one GbE port
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your computer, over longer distances
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your laptop or desktop computer
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
It is possible to use some USB hubs without a power supply, however, doing so may prevent certain high-power USB peripherals from operating.
When a power adapter is not used on a hub that comes with a power adapter, power is drawn from the USB port on the computer and then divided between the ports on the hub. This reduces the power delivery to individual ports and high-powered USB peripherals, such as external hard drives, may not start.
On USB hubs that can use a power adapter, more power can be supplied to USB ports than what is possible with a single USB port.
If your USB peripherals require power adapters, they probably do not require power from the USB port and can be used on a USB hub without a power adapter. With USB peripherals that use power adapters, the USB ports on the hub are only used for data transfer and do not draw power from the hub.
USB peripherals that require low power (for example, keyboards and mice) can be used on hubs without a power adapter, in conjunction with other low-power USB peripherals. In this case, power is drawn from the computer's USB port, as described above.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.