USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader/Writer for SD and microSD Cards - USB-C and USB-A
Access multiple types of flash memory cards on your USB-C or USB-A enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer
Product ID: SDMSDRWU3AC
- Transfer photos, videos, music and other files between your SD or microSD card and your USB-C or USB-A enabled tablet, laptop, smartphone or desktop computer
- Supports a wide range of SD cards (including SDHC and SDXC) and microSD cards (including SDHC and SDXC)
- Supports USB 3.0 with data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps (USB powered)
This USB 3.0 memory card reader provides a fast, easy way to access and edit photos and videos on your SD™ and microSD™ cards, wherever you go. Compact and portable, you can use this USB memory card reader/writer with a laptop, tablet, smartphone or desktop computer that has a USB-C™ or USB-A port.
Increase workflow efficiency
Ideal for photographers, videographers and other creative professionals, the USB memory card reader helps to increase workflow efficiency. When you are out on assignment capturing images and video on your DSLR or video camera, use the card reader to instantly review, share or edit content. When out in the field or traveling, immediately import your photos and videos to access, browse, edit and back up content to your USB-Type™ C or USB-A smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
The flash memory card reader saves you time when you’re offloading or editing content, with fast file transfer speeds through USB 3.0 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1). The card reader is also backward compatible with USB 2.0, ensuring compatibility with older systems.
Easy to use
This memory card reader gives you easy read/write access to SD (Secure Digital) and microSD cards, including SDHC™ (Secure Digital High Capacity) and SDXC™ (Secure Digital Extended Capacity) versions of both SD and microSD cards. With its convenient plug-and-play functionality, the card reader is simple to use. One end plugs directly into the USB-C port of your laptop or other device, while the other end works with USB-A devices. The two memory card slots are hot swappable.
Compact and durable, the card reader provides a portable solution, tucking easily into your camera bag or laptop bag. Its versatile design enables the card reader to be used with either USB-C or USB-A devices. Removable end caps protect the ends of the card reader when not in use.
The SDMSDRWU3AC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||Genesys Logic - GL3224|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Max Drive Capacity||2TB|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps|
|Memory Media Type||SD/MMC (Secure Digital/Multimedia Card)|
|SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity)|
|SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity)|
|microSD (Micro Secure Digital)|
|microSDHC (Micro Secure Digital High Capacity)|
|microSDXC (Micro Secure Digital eXtended Capacity)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SD / MMC|
|1 - MicroSD|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps)|
|1 - USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 1, 5 Gbps)|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power & Activity|
|Humidity||50% to 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 75°C (32°F to 167°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||0.4 in [1.1 cm]|
|Product Length||2.9 in [73 mm]|
|Product Width||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.5 oz [14 g]|
|Package Height||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Package Length||4.1 in [10.5 cm]|
|Package Width||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.3 oz [38 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - card reader / writer|
|2 - end caps|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Turn a USB Type-C port on your laptop into three USB Type-A ports (5Gbps) and one USB Type-C port
Add four USB 3.0 (5Gbps) ports to your laptop, including three USB Type-A ports, and one USB Type-C port
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.