Gigabit Fiber SFP Transceiver Module - HP J4859C Compatible - SM/MM LC with DDM - 10km (6.2 mi.) / 550m (1804 ft.)
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Single & Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 10 km (6.2 mi) | Lifetime Warranty
Product ID: J4859CST
- 100% compatibility with HP J4859C guaranteed
- StarTech.com SFP modules are backed by a lifetime warranty
- Meets or exceeds OEM specifications and Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) industry standards
The J4859CST is an HP J4859C compatible fiber transceiver module that has been designed, programmed and tested to work with HP® brand switches and routers. It delivers dependable 1 GbE connectivity over fiber cable, for 1000BASE-LX compliant networks, with a maximum distance of up to 10 km (6.2 mi).
- Wavelength: 1310 nm
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 1.25 Gbps
- Type: Single Mode / Multi Mode Fiber
- Connection Type: LC Connector
- Maximum Transfer Distance: 10 km (6.2 mi) - SM / 1 km (0.6 mi) - MM
- MTBF: 3,092,408 hours
- Power Consumption: Less than 1 Watt
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM): Yes
This SFP fiber module is hot-swappable, making upgrades and replacements seamless by minimizing network disruptions.
All StarTech.com SFP & SFP+ transceiver modules are backed by a lifetime warranty and free lifetime multilingual technical support. StarTech.com offers a wide variety of SFP modules and direct-attach SFP cables, providing the convenience and reliability you need to ensure dependable network performance.
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-LX|
|Compatible Networks||1000 Mbps (1 Gbps)|
|Fiber Operating Mode||Full-Duplex|
|Max Transfer Distance||10 km (6.2 mi) - SM / 1 km (0.6 mi) - MM|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||1.25 Gbps|
|Type||Single Mode / Multi Mode|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - Fiber Optic LC Duplex Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||MSA or HP compliant SFP port|
|For use in Gigabit fiber networking equipment and media converters|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||< 1 W|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Package Height||1.3 in [32 mm]|
|Package Length||3.7 in [93 mm]|
|Package Width||4.6 in [11.8 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.6 oz [45 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SFP transceiver|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.3 cm]|
|Product Length||2.2 in [57 mm]|
|Product Width||0.6 in [14 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.6 oz [16 g]|
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 550 m (1804 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
10 Gbps | Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 300 m (984 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
10 Gbps | Single Mode Fiber | LC | 10 km (6.2 mi) | Lifetime Warranty
Connect a PCI Express-based desktop or rackmount PC directly to a fiber optic network using the Gigabit SFP of your choice
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
SFP fiber transceivers (mini-GBIC) are specific to applications and therefore, you need to select the correct fiber transceiver for your application. StarTech.com offers a few types of fiber transceivers: Cisco®, Cisco Meraki®, HP®, and Juniper® compatible, as well as standard gigabit SFP converters. Although the transceivers may be referred to as GBIC or mini-GBIC, the correct terminology for the device is small form-factor pluggable transceiver or SFP . StarTech.com does not carry GBIC converters.
If your device is not a Cisco device, it can still use Cisco compatible SFPs. Cisco SFPs are specifically coded to be compatible with Cisco devices. A standard SFP will not work in a Cisco device.
StarTech.com offers two different output connector types for SFPs: RJ-45 and fiber.
No special requirements are necessary to use RJ-45 SFPs. However, if you use fiber transceivers, the following items need to be the same as the interconnecting equipment:
The connector type, such as LC, SC, or ST.
The mode (single mode or multi mode).
The wavelength, such as 850 nm, 1310 nm, or 1550 nm.
The DDM support.
The speed, such as 10Gbps.
Note: The properties listed above cannot be converted or changed by a cable, excluding the connector type.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.