Customer Support Questions
Free, standard ground shipping is available in the following situations:
- Orders over $500.00 shipped in continental North America.
- Orders over €500 shipped in Europe.
- Orders over £500 shipped in the United Kingdom.
Free, standard ground shipping is not available in the following circumstances:
- Over-sized shipments.
- Server racks or furniture products.
- Orders that exceed 200 lb (90 kg).
- Orders that require special handling.
- Orders where expedited shipping was selected.
- The shipping destination is Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.
- Second-delivery attempts (the carrier had to go to the customer’s site a second time to deliver the product because the carrier was turned away at the first delivery attempt).
To find out what shipping charges will be added to your order, see the How do I obtain a shipping quote for my order? FAQ.
Note: There is no drop-ship fee on orders shipped directly to end users.
StarTech.com offers standard and expedited shipping options via FedEx. StarTech.com accepts collect accounts for FedEx, UPS, DHL, Purolator, and Loomis. If you have a collect account with a courier other than the ones listed, contact StarTech.com to confirm whether your request can be processed. If you are shipping low-weight orders within the United States, you can also use FedEx SmartPost. Unfortunately, StarTech.com is unable to ship using Canada Post.
To get a shipping quote for your order, complete the following:
- On the StarTech.com website, click Login at the top of the page.
- Enter your username and password, and click Login.
- Navigate to the product that you want to purchase and if necessary, change the quantity.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click Your Cart at the top of the page.
- In the Estimate Shipping Charges field, enter your ZIP or postal code.
- Click Get a Quote. The shipping options and associated costs are displayed.
- To complete the transaction, click Proceed to Checkout.
Note: If the product you are ordering weighs more than 150 lbs or the order is being shipped to a location outside of North America, the Customer Service Advisory team will contact you to confirm the cost of shipping. If you want a shipping quote before you place your order, you can contact Customer Service.
We consider anything that is over-sized or over-weight (e.g. RK2536BKF or RK1219WALHM) furniture items. The cost of shipping furniture items is based on the weight of the whole order and where it is being shipped to. Shipping costs for furniture items must be approved by customers before the orders can be processed. To determine the cost of shipping your furniture items, complete the following:
- Place your furniture order. For more information on how to place an order, see How to place an order.
- Orders that include furniture items are automatically flagged by the Customer Service Advisory team, and they will email you when they have received a shipping quote from the Shipping Department. This process is usually completed within 1 business day.
- Once you approve the charges, your order is processed with the appropriate shipping charges.
Note: If you want to receive a shipping quote before you place an order online, fill out the Sales Inquiry form, and indicate the items that you are interested in purchasing and the address where you want the items shipped to.
All orders received before 15:00 Eastern Time in North America, or 12:30 Greenwich Mean Time in Europe and the United Kingdom are shipped on the same day that the order was placed, provided that the product requested is in stock at the time that the order is submitted.
StarTech.com uses FedEx as the primary shipping partner. If you require an alternate shipping carrier, the shipment may not meet the same-day shipping requirements. For more information about the shipping cut-off times for alternate carriers, contact the Customer Service Advisory team.
The shipping deadlines for expedited services differ by carrier, and orders might not be shipped out same day. If you require an expedited shipping option, (for example, next day air or second day air), contact the Customer Service Advisory team before you place your order.
To see if StarTech.com ships to your country, see the What countries does StarTech.com ship to FAQ. If you are shipping to a country not on the list, we will not be able to fulfill your order. If you are shipping your order to a location outside of Canada, the United States, or Europe, your order ships from the shipping center in the United States and shipping costs may not be generated through the website. After you place your order, the Customer Service Advisory team will email you the shipping cost and await your approval before processing the order.
StarTech.com ships to the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Andorra, Principality of
- Czech Republic
- Faroe Islands
- Holy See (Vatican City)
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Falkland Islands
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- Virgin Islands (British)
If you want to ship to a country that is not listed above, you can contact StarTech.com distributors or resellers to see if they ship to your country. The distributors and resellers for each product is listed on each product page. For more information about finding a reseller near you, see Where can I buy StarTech.com products.
If you receive your order and the wrong products were included or the order includes fewer products than you ordered, contact the Customer Service Advisory team within 48 hours of receiving the package. The Customer Service Advisory team will initiate an investigation to confirm what was shipped and what is missing. The investigation normally takes up to 5 business days from the time that you report the error. You will be contacted by the Customer Service Advisory team throughout the investigation.
Note: If your order includes items on back order, the Customer Service Advisory team will note that in the confirmation email that they send to you. You can still cancel the items on back order after you receive the first shipment. Unless otherwise informed, StarTech.com will ship out the items on back order as soon as they become available.
On very rare occasions, packages can be misrouted or mishandled while in transit. If a package does not arrive in time, contact the Customer Service Advisory team.
Note: Depending on your location, your package may not arrive until later in the day on the scheduled day for delivery. To track your package, log in to your StarTech.com account to retrieve your tracking information. For more information about how to retrieve your tracking information, see How do I get the tracking information for my order.
If you notice damage to the package prior to accepting the package from the courier, complete the following:
- Refuse the package and have it sent back to StarTech.com. Inform the courier that this is due to visible damage.
- Contact the Customer Service Advisory team as soon as possible to inform StarTech.com that the package arrived damaged.
Note: If you do not report the damaged shipment to StarTech.com within 48 hours of the delivery, StarTech.com reserves the right to not honor claims for external damage (visible carton damage).
If you accept the package but find that the product is damaged contact the Customer Service Advisory team right away and inform them of the damage.
Can't find the answer to your question?
Talk to an Advisor. We are always ready to assist you with any questions you may have. Simply choose from a support option below: