How do I add the printer to my computer from my print server in Windows?
To add a printer from the print server to your Windows computer, you need to use the provided software to locate the print server on your network.
- A wired Ethernet network with DHCP (automatically assigned IP addresses).
- A compatible USB printer.
- A computer running Windows.
Install the hardware
- Use a USB A-to-B cable to connect the USB printer to the PM1115U2.
- Use an Ethernet patch cable to connect the PM1115U2 to a wired Ethernet network (for example, a network switch, wall jack, and so on).
- Connect a power supply to the print server.
Install the software
- Navigate to http://www.startech.com/Support and download the latest software. You can find the part number and product ID on the product packaging.
Note: Windows typically saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- When the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the Network Printer Wizard Setup 2017 with Window 8.exe file and click Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver software.
Configure the software
After the Network Printer Wizard is installed on your system you can install the printer. To install the printer, complete the following:
- Open the Launch Network Printer Wizard.
- Click Next.
- Select the print server from the list and click Next.
- Select the appropriate driver for the printer and click Next. If you cannot find the driver, use a generic PCL5/PCL6/PS driver or obtain the driver from the manufacturer of your printer.
- Click Finish.
Verify the installation
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers or Printers and Other Hardware.
- Right-click the installed printer and click Printer Properties.
- Click Print Test Page.
A printer test page should be sent to your printer.