Is there a different or more advanced way to install my serial card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10?
Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website at www.startech.com/Support. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions.
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Right-click PCI Serial Port, which will have a “!” or “?” next to it to indicate a driver issue.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- On the Select your device’s type from the list below screen, click Show All Devices, and click Next.
Note: The Select your device’s type from the list below screen does not appear on all systems. If you do not see this screen, skip this step.
- Select the Have Disk option.
- Browse to the Windows folder and open the 32-bit or the 64-bit folder, depending on your system type.
Note: To view your system type, click Start. Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the sbserial.inf file. Click OK, and then click Next. Additional device listings will appear in Device Manager.
- Complete steps 4 to 11 for each of the new device listings.