Convert an HDMI® signal with supporting audio to work with legacy composite video televisions and displays
Converts HDMI® source to NTSC or PAL
Converts HDMI audio to analog stereo RCA Audio
Supports input HDTV resolutions up to 720p (PC up to 1280x800)
679 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The HD2VID HDMI® to Composite Video Converter (with Audio) converts a digital HDMI video source (with supporting audio) to work with analog Composite video televisions and displays in both NTSC and PAL systems.
The HDMI to Composite converter provides features that ensure the highest quality output image, such as noise reduction, frame rate conversion and adaptive contrast enhancement, while an easy to use On-Screen Display(OSD) allows you to monitor your display status. Support for a wide range of HDTV and PC input resolutions make this versatile HDMI converter a perfect solution for using newer devices with existing legacy displays.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- The ability to convert HDMI® input to be used with legacy televisions adds flexibility and saves the cost of upgrading hardware
- Compact form factor and simple plug-and-play installation for fast, easy integration into your A/V environment
- Support for multiple HDTV and PC input resolutions, providing compatibility with almost any source device
Common Customer Questions
- Ideal for converting newer HDMI devices to work with older composite or S-Video televisions
- Great for use in presentations, tradeshows, conferences, retail, entertainment, and home video applications
|ASI Distribution USA||119394|
|D and H||HD2VID|
|Ingram Micro USA||NB7896|
|Industry Standards||Standard HDMI, DVI 1.0|
|Audio Specifications||Input - LPCM 2Ch, 48kHz
Output - Stereo L/R
TV - 720p, 576p, 480p @ 60Hz
PC - 1280x800, 1280x768, 1224x768, 800x600, 640x480 @ 60Hz
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|Connector B||1 - Composite Video (1 x RCA) Female Output|
|1 - Stereo Audio (2 x RCA) Female Output|
|Product Height||1 in [26 mm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [100 mm]|
|Product Weight||3.2 oz [90 g]|
|Product Width||2.5 in [64 mm]|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.3 A|
|Input Voltage||110 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.7 lb [0.3 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI® to Composite Converter|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU/AUS)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Convert and scale a VGA video source to work with a composite or S-Video display
Convert and scale a composite or S-Video signal to work with a DVI monitor
Convert and scale a composite or S-Video signal to work with a VGA monitor
Connect a PC with VGA output to a composite or S-Video TV
Convert a Composite or S-Video source signal from your Game Console, VCR or DVD Player to VGA
Connect HDMI® enabled devices to a VGA monitor with stereo audio separation
Create Ultra HD connections between your High Speed HDMI®-equipped devices
Connect HDMI®-capable devices even in tight spaces
Deliver crystal-clear audio connections between your home theatre applications
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the HD2VID. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
- The monitor says HDCP, the monitor only works with certain sources, or I am getting a black screen, but only when displaying certain content. What do I do?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - HDMI® to Composite Converter with Audio
360° View Gallery