Connect your HDMI® monitor or HDTV to a DisplayPort® equipped computer
Supports PC resolutions up to 1920x1200 and HDTV resolutions up to 1080p
Latching DisplayPort® connector ensures a solid connection
Easy to use cable, no software required
16820 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The StarTech.com DP2HDMI2 DisplayPort® to HDMI® Adapter lets you connect an HDMI-enabled display or projector to a DisplayPort out port from a computer (desktop or laptop), eliminating the expense of having to upgrade your display for DisplayPort compatibility.
The adapter supports display resolutions of up to 1920x1200, allowing you to take full advantage of HDMI video capability.
DP2HDMI2 is a passive adapter cable that requires a DP++ port (DisplayPort++), meaning that DVI and HDMI signals can also be passed through the port.
This adapter allows for audio pass-through if supported by the video source. Please review the video source manual to confirm support.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simple to use, small form factor converter makes DisplayPort® backwards compatible with your existing HDMI® display or projector
- No installation software or drivers required providing a simple plug and play solution
Common Customer Questions
- Ideal for digital entertainment centers, home offices, business conference rooms and trade show displays
- Keep your existing HDMI® monitor to be used with your new DisplayPort® device
- Ideal for using your HDMI monitor as a secondary display
|ASI Distribution USA||89008|
|D and H||DP2HDMI2|
|Ingram Micro USA||CN6207|
|Audio Specifications||5.1 Surround Sound|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200 / 1080p|
|Connector A||1 - DisplayPort (20 pin) Latching Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||DP++ port (DisplayPort ++) required on video card or video source (DVI and HDMI pass-through must be supported)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Length||10 in [254 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.7 oz [20 g]|
|Product Width||1.1 in [27 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0 lb [0 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - DisplayPort to HDMI Converter|
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Create Ultra HD connections between your High Speed HDMI®-equipped devices
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the DP2HDMI2. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my DisplayPort converter not passing audio?
- What is the difference between a passive and active DisplayPort converter?
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - DisplayPort® to HDMI® Video Adapter Converter