Mini DisplayPort® to HDMI® Video Adapter Converter - White
Product ID: MDP2HDW
Connect an HDMI®-capable display to a Mini-DisplayPort®-equipped PC or Mac® computer
Supports PC resolutions up to 1920x1200 and HDTV resolutions up to 1080p
Easy to use passive cable, no software required
Compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™
1056 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The MDP2HDW passive Mini DisplayPort® to HDMI® Video Adapter/Converter (White) offers a convenient HDMI/Mini-DisplayPort link, which enables you to connect an HDMI computer monitor or television to a device with a Mini-DisplayPort output, while saving the expense of upgrading the monitor for compatibility.
The adapter supports high resolution output up to 1920x1200, offering a high quality solution for mirroring or extending a computer desktop onto a second display.
This versatile Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter requires a multimode DisplayPort port (DisplayPort ++) connection to function, and is compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™ output when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt™ I/O port.
This adapter allows for audio pass-through if supported by the video source. Please review the video source manual to confirm support.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simple to use, small form factor converter makes Mini DisplayPort® output backward compatible with your existing HDMI®-enabled display or projector
- No software driver installation required, providing a simple plug-and-play solution
Common Customer Questions
- Ideal for digital entertainment centers, home offices, business conference rooms and trade show displays
- Keep your existing HDMI® monitor to be used with your new Mini-DisplayPort® device
- Ideal for using your HDMI monitor as a secondary display
|ASI Distribution USA||126458|
|D and H||MDP2HDW|
|Ingram Micro USA||PC3131|
|Industry Standards||DisplayPort 1.1a
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200 / 1080p|
|Audio Specifications||5.1 Surround Sound|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||DP++ port (DisplayPort ++) required on video card or video source (DVI and HDMI pass-through must be supported)|
|Cable Length||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Product Length||6.7 in [170 mm]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Weight||10.5 oz [298 g]|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mini-DisplayPort® to HDMI® converter|
Connect an HDMI® enabled display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC
Create Ultra HD connections between your High Speed HDMI®-equipped devices
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the MDP2HDW. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my DisplayPort converter not passing audio?
- What is the difference between a passive and active DisplayPort converter?
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.