VGA Video Extender over Cat 5 with RS232
Product ID: ST121UTP232
Extend a VGA video and an RS232 data signal up to 300 meters (950 feet) using Cat5 cabling
Send VGA and RS232 Data over one CAT5 UTP cable to instead of VGA cable and data cable
Dual output at transmitter: 1 VGA output for local, plus 1 Cat5 RJ45 output for remote side
9 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
This VGA over Cat 5 Video Extender extends VGA video and RS-232 data signals over cost effective CAT5 cable instead of bulky VGA and serial cable.
Comprised of a transmitter and receiver unit, the VGA and RS-232 extender is ideal for home or commercial applications as a smart, fast and cost-effective VGA extension solution.
Now, you can broadcast video and control a projector or any other RS-232 devices from a single remote location, making this extender the perfect solution for touch screen or auto control equipment applications.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Each set includes transmitter and receiver
- Long range transmission up to 300M / 950Ft (Max.)
- Backed by StarTech.com 2-year warranty
- Security (access keypads, card scanners, home security systems)
- Healthcare(monitor and control medical equipment)
- Traffic Flow Management (air traffic control, expressway flow)
- Ideal for industrial sites with harsh environments
- Ideal for remote display applications in financial, educational, and business sectors
- Sending Video images and serial data to a projector and controlling it from your desk
|ASI Distribution USA||89875|
|Ingram Micro USA||L49117|
|Cabling||Cat 5 UTP or better|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|2 - VGA (15 pin; High Density D-Sub) Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - VGA (15 pin; High Density D-Sub) Female|
|Max Distance||300 m / 950 ft|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1600x1200 @ 85Hz|
|Supported Resolutions||1600x1200 max|
|Frequency Range||Horizontal: 30-95KHz
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Sync Signal H/V Separated (TTL)|
|Product Length||5.2 in [133 mm]|
|Product Width||3 in [76 mm]|
|Product Height||1.7 in [44 mm]|
|Product Weight||49.4 oz [1400 g]|
|Power Adapter Included||Two|
|Input Voltage||115 AC|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.2 lb [1.5 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - CAT5 VGA & RS232 Transmitter|
|1 - CAT5 VGA & RS232 Extender Receiver|
|2 - RJ45 Coupler|
|2 - Package of 4 rubber stoppers|
|2 - 12V DC, 500mA Power Adapters|
|1 - User Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the ST121UTP232. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.