Add a 2-channel IDE port to a computer through a PCI Express slot
2-channel IDE port supports two drives
48-bit LBA support
Supports ATA/ATAPI commands
37 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
This PCI Express IDE Controller Adapter Card provides a cost-effective way to use legacy drives with modern computers, by converting a PCI Express port into an IDE port.
Providing data burst transfer rates of up to 133MBps and support for PIO 0/1/2/3/4 and UDMA 33/66/100/133 operating modes, the IDE controller card offers an efficient way to add an IDE channel with support for two IDE drives on the same channel.
A complete dual profile solution, the PCI Express IDE controller card provides both standard and low profile brackets for adapting to slimline or small form factor system applications.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- 2-channels support two IDE drives simultaneously with support for UDMA 6 transfer mode
- Support for 48-bit LBA for compatibility with high capacity hard drives over 137 GB
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2
- Add an additional IDE port to a computer system
- Replace a failed IDE port
- Add an IDE port for connecting legacy ATA devices such as old hard drives and tape drives
|ASI Distribution USA||87320|
|D and H||PEX2IDE|
|Ingram Micro USA||Q16080|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMB368|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|Internal Ports||1 - IDE (40 Pin; EIDE/PATA) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available PCI Express expansion slot|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.4 lb [0.2 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express IDE Controller Card|
|1 - IDE Cable|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PEX2IDE. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a minimum size of IDE hard drives I can use with my hard drive accessories?
- How do I initialize a brand new hard drive in Windows?
- My hard drive accessory is not detecting my IDE hard drive. What do I do?
- I installed my new expansion card and now the computer cannot load the operating system. What do I do?
- I have installed my new expansion card but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 1 Port PCI Express IDE Controller Adapter Card