2 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART
Product ID: PEX2S553
Add 2 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Two high speed RS232 serial ports with support for data transfer rates up to 460.8 Kbps
Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
In stock: +
USA: 2403 | Canada: 239
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
The PEX2S553 PCI Express serial card lets you turn a PCI Express slot into 2 RS232 (DB9) serial ports. Based on a native single chip design (no bridge chip), this 2-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card (PEX2S553) is compatible with a broad range of operating systems including Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista™/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64 bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4 and above.
Plus, the serial card includes an optional half-height/low profile bracket that allows the card to be installed in any PCI Express slot, regardless of the size of the computer case.
This product is a replacement for our PEX2S552 card.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express chipset delivers true PCIe performance
- Standard and low profile/half-height bracket included to ensure fitment in any system
- Easy to install and use with full step-by-step instructions saving time and hassle
- Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
|ASI Distribution USA||104861|
|D and H||PEX2S553|
|Ingram Micro USA||DN9012|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Chipset ID||ASIX/MosChip - MCS9922CV-AA|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|Internal Ports||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|External Ports||2 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|Max Baud Rate||460.8 Kbps|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), XP Embedded, POS Ready 2009, Embedded System 2009, CE 5.0/6.0, 2000, 98SE, 95, DOS |
Windows® Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2003(32/64)
Mac OS® 10.4 and up (Tested up to 10.9)
Linux kernel 2.6.x
|Product Length||4.1 in [105 mm]|
|Product Width||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Product Height||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.2 oz [63.5 g]|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Selectable power output on pin 9 of the serial port|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.4 lb [0.2 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2 Port PCI-Express Serial Card|
|Included in Package||2 - Low Profile Brackets|
|Included in Package||1 - Driver CD|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery