4 Port CardBus RS232 Serial Laptop PC Adapter Card - 16950
Add four RS232 Serial ports to your laptop computer via a CardBus expansion slot
Offers 4 DB9 RS-232 ports to connect multiple devices to a notebook PC
High Performance 16C950 UART with maximum data transfer rate up to 921.6 kbps
128-byte deep FIFO data buffer
May be in stock with Resellers/Distributors
The CB4S950 4 Port CardBus RS232 Serial Laptop PC Adapter Card (16950 UART) adds four RS232 serial ports to a notebook computer, letting you connect your mobile computer to serial peripheral devices.
The 4-port Cardbus RS232 adapter supports data transfer rates of up to 921 Kbps, and features a high performance 16950 UART chipset, ensuring flawless connectivity with your serial peripherals. The included breakout cable separates the four ports, avoiding crowded connections.
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime Warranty and free, lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Data transfer rates of up to 921 Kbps for peak serial device performance
- The breakout cable is included for a complete solution without having to purchase additional accessories
- Breakout cable spreads out the 4 ports, to avoid crowded connections
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
- Connect up to 4 RS-232 serial devices to a CardBus slot on your notebook
- Works with serial modems, POS devices, PDAs, digital cameras, printers, ISDN terminal adapters, and more
|Bus Type||CardBus (PCMCIA)|
|Chipset ID||PLX/Oxford - OX16PCI954|
|Port Style||Dongle (Included)|
|Max Baud Rate||921.6 Kbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PC Card (Type II; Cardbus)|
|External Ports||4 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.7 lb [0.3 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Cardbus Serial Card|
|1 - 4 Port DB9 Break-out Cable|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Connect your computer’s serial port to a modem or switchbox
Extend your EGA monitor cable or mouse cable by 6ft
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 female port
Convert a DB9 male port to a DB25 male port
Convert a DB9 male connector to a DB25 male connector
Connect your serial devices, and transfer your files
Transfer files via serial connection
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the CB4S950. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I check to ensure the COM port is listed properly in Windows?
- My serial device requires a specific COM port to function, how do I change this in Windows?
- How do I install my serial card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8?
- How do I install my serial card in Windows XP?
- How can I make sure my serial port is working in Windows?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 4 Port CardBus RS232 Serial Laptop PC Adapter Card - 16950