8 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART
Product ID: PEX8S952
Add 8 RS232 serial ports to your computer via a single PCI Express slot
8 high speed RS-232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
Breakout dongle cable included
128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
In stock: +
USA: 10 | Canada: 17
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
The PEX8S952 8 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16950 UART allows you to turn a PCI Express slot into eight RS232 (DB9) serial connections using the included breakout cable.
The serial card is based on a native single chip design, that allows you to harness the full capability of PCI Express (PCIe) - providing optimum reliability and speed, and reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card is compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows®, Linux, and MAC OS for easy integration into mixed environments.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- High Performance Dual Channel Oxford 950 UART provides reliability, speed and broad OS compatibility
- Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express design reduces overall load on the CPU
- The included breakout cable helps to reduce cluttered connections
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
|ASI Distribution USA||115687|
|D and H||PEX8S952|
|Ingram Micro USA||BC6653|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile|
|Port Style||Dongle (Included)|
|Chipset ID||PLX/Oxford - OXPCIe958|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||8 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|Max Baud Rate||460.8 Kbps|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), XP Embedded, CE 4.2/5.0/6.0, 2000, ME, 98SE |
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2003(32/64)
|Product Length||3.5 in [90 mm]|
|Product Width||2.6 in [65 mm]|
|Product Height||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Product Weight||2 oz [58 g]|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 100°C (-4°F to 212°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.4 lb [0.7 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 8 Port Serial Card|
|Included in Package||1 - 8 Port DB9 Break-out cable|
|Included in Package||1 - Driver CD|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.