PCI Express to 4 Slot PCI Expansion System
Product ID: PEX2PCI4
Add four external PCI expansion card slots to a desktop or laptop computer system
Add an additional 4 PCI slots (32-bit/33 MHz), using PCI Express
Rugged steel construction
Supports both 5V and 3.3V/5V add-in PCI cards
50 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
StarTech.com's innovative PCI Express to PCI Expansion Chassis provides a quick and simple solution to I/O expandability on almost any PCI Express (PCIe) enabled system. Adding external PCI slots to a server/workstation or laptop, this cost-effective and time-saving method of simply adding additional PCI cards to a server/workstation or providing a platform to be able to swap PCI add-in cards between a mobile and desktop setup is the optimal method of maximizing the I/O capabilities of new or existing systems.
The external expansion chassis adds four PCI slots (32-bit/33MHz) to the host computer system, through a single PCI Express connection. Providing total bandwidth of up to 250MBps from the x1 PCIe host controller card, which allows the host computer to function as though the cards in the expansion chassis were connected directly to the motherboard.
For mobile applications, the Expansion Chassis can be connected to an ExpressCard enabled laptop using StarTech.com's ExpressCard connection cable (EC2PCI), which adds the same functionality offered by the Expansion Chassis to a laptop. This eliminates the expense and need of having to purchase different card adapters for the laptop. A dependable I/O expansion solution, the Expansion Chassis is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Convert a single PCI Express slot to four additional external PCI slots without any driver or software installation required
- External expansion enclosure simplifies swapping PCI cards, without ever having to move or take apart the main desktop/server
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
View full OS compatibility
Windows 2000/ XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/7(32/64-bit), Mac OS X, Linux
- Expand an existing system's I/O capabilities without having to purchase an entirely new system.
- Ideal for system testers, and engineers who may need to regularly swap out I/O cards.
- Expand a laptop's I/O capabilities with desktop PCI cards with the EC2PCI.
- Add full height cards to a small form factor system.
- Provide PCI support to systems with only PCIe slots.
- Provide data acquisition, telephony, storage and audio capabilities by having additional I/O expansion slots.
|ASI Distribution USA||110773|
|D and H||PEX2PCI4|
|Ingram Micro USA||N30799|
|Interface||PCI / PCI-X (5 / 3.3V)|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||4 - PCI / PCI-X (Universal 3.3 & 5V; 32-bit) Slot Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 2000/ XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/7(32/64-bit), Mac OS X, Linux|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||- Cards may not function properly if their total power consumption exceeds the maximum of 36W - This product has a known compatibility issue with Silicon Image SATA Controllers on an AMD platform|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Steel|
|Product Length||8 in [204 mm]|
|Product Width||5.4 in [137 mm]|
|Product Height||5.6 in [142 mm]|
|Product Weight||5.2 lb [2.4 kg]|
|Input Voltage||110 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Operating Temperature||0°C ~ 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C ~ 75°C|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.3 lb [2.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Expansion box|
|1 - PCI Express Card|
|1 - 3ft DVI Cable|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Power Cable|
|1 - Power Adapter|
|1 - Installation CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
|Internal Length||6.7 in [170.2 mm]|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PEX2PCI4. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.