Bi-Directional SATA IDE Adapter Converter
Product ID: PATA2SATA3
Bi-directional adapter converts IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE
Bi-Directional support for IDE-to-SATA or SATA-to-IDE communication
Compatible with PATA (IDE) 100/133 MBps hard devices
574 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The PATA2SATA3 is a bi-directional SATA IDE adapter/converter that lets you connect a Serial ATA drive to a legacy IDE port, or an IDE drive to a SATA motherboard port.
A cost-effective solution for upgrading existing IDE systems to support SATA hard drives or optical drives, the SATA/IDE adapter eliminates the expense of having to purchase a controller card while saving the expansion slot that would be required for card installation.
In addition to SATA hard drive installation, the adapter can be reversed in order to connect older IDE drives to a newer SATA-enabled motherboard, making it easy to retrieve old files from a previous system.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A single, versatile adapter can be used to connect an IDE device to a SATA motherboard or vice-versa without any drivers or software installation
- Supports not only hard drives, but CD/DVD optical drives as well
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
- Connect newer SATA drives to an older motherboard with only IDE support
- Connect an old IDE drive to a new SATA only motherboard to recover the data
- Technicians who regularly need to work with both types of drives across different types of systems
|ASI Distribution USA||88343|
|D and H||PATA2SATA3|
|Ingram Micro USA||CK9425|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Chipset ID||Sunplus - SPIF223A|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - IDE (40 Pin; EIDE/PATA) Female|
|1 - SP4 (4 pin; Small Drive Power) Male|
|2 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|Type and Rate||SATA I (1.5 Gbps)|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Product Length||2.4 in [61 mm]|
|Product Width||2 in [50 mm]|
|Product Height||0.4 in [11 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.7 oz [20 g]|
|LED Indicators||1 - HDD Activity - Green|
|1 - Power - Red|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 150°C (-40°F to 302°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.3 oz [150 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Bi-Directional SATA IDE Converter|
|1 - SATA Cable|
|1 - SP4 to Dual LP4 Y Power Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PATA2SATA3. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.