2.5in SATA Removable Hard Drive Bay for PC Expansion Slot
Product ID: S25SLOTR
Use an available expansion card slot to install a hot swappable 2.5in hard drive
Fits a 2.5" SATA drive into a rear full profile expansion card slot
Trayless design: drive is not mounted into a tray or enclosure
Latching drive door
In stock: +
USA: 469 | Canada: 104
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
The S25SLOTR Trayless Hard Drive Rack can be installed into an available (full profile) PCI expansion card slot, providing easy access to a bare 2.5" SATA hard drive or solid state drive (SSD) from the rear panel of a computer case.
Unlike conventional hard drive enclosures, the S25SLOTR hard drive rack doesn't require that a drive be installed in a drive tray, saving the time and hassle involved in having to mount or install the hard drive for access to drive contents.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
Once installed in a PCI slot (and accompanying rear panel bracket), installing a 2.5" SATA HDD is as simple as inserting it into the trayless rack. To remove the hard drive, simply hit the eject button to unlock the access door, allowing the drive to be pulled out of the computer without having to dismount the drive.
* This unique design of the mobile rack enables you to use any available full profile expansion slot to mount a removable 2.5in SATA hard drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Utilize a free expansion card slot to add a removable 2.5" SATA hard drive bay
- Vented aluminum/steel design and a 50,000+ insertion rating ensures reliability of the drive and drive rack
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Add additional storage capabilities to a computer with no more internal or external drive bays
- Add removable storage to the rear of a system, where it is less noticeable or accessible to unauthorized users
- Add removable storage to small form factor chassis' with no standard 3.5/5.25" drive bays
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|ASI Distribution USA||86104|
|D and H||S25SLOTR|
|Ingram Micro USA||CC8704|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Max Drive Capacity||Tested up to 500 GB|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Steel|
|Max Drive Height||0.4 in [9.5 mm]|
|Product Length||5.7 in [145 mm]|
|Product Width||0.8 in [21 mm]|
|Product Height||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Product Weight||5.6 oz [158.4 g]|
|LED Indicators||1 - Solid - Power On |
Blinking - Activity
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-5°C to 75°C (23°F to 167°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Expansion Slot Removable HDD bracket|
|Included in Package||1 - 20in SATA cable|
|Included in Package||1 - LP4 SATA breakout cable|
|Included in Package||1 - Hard Drive Protective Film|
|Included in Package||1 - Mounting Screws|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery