2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane
Product ID: HSB220SAT25B
Easy, trayless removal and insertion of dual 2.5in SATA hard drives from single 3.5in bay
Holds up to two SATA drives in a single 3.5" bay
Trayless design: drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
1662 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
This 3.5in SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install two 2.5in SATA hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) in an available/unused 3.5in floppy drive bay.
Featuring a convenient "no mounting required /easy eject" feature (like a tape cartridge or floppy disk), the hard drive hot swap bay doesn't require that the drives be installed in a tray - making it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, this backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Quickly and easily install or remove HDD/SSD without having to open the chassis with the innovative trayless design
- Aluminum construction and 50,000+ insertion rating ensures longevity from both the HDD/SSD and bay
- IT environments where you just need to quickly insert/replace removable hard drives/solid state drives
- Imaging - For System Builders or configuring new systems - Use Hot Swap Bay in master system to copy Windows OS quickly to blank hard drive as part of system building process
- Ideal for RAID applications (with RAID supported SATA controller)
|ASI Distribution USA||81369|
|D and H||HSB220SAT25B|
|Ingram Micro USA||U45138|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Connector Type(s)||2 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Receptacle|
|2 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|2 - SP4 (4 pin; Small Drive Power) Male|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Receptacle|
|2 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||2 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|2 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Max Drive Capacity||Tested up to 500GB per drive|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Max Drive Height||0.4 in [9.5 mm]|
|Product Length||5.3 in [134 mm]|
|Product Width||4 in [102 mm]|
|Product Height||0.9 in [24 mm]|
|Product Weight||10 oz [282.5 g]|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Drive Activity|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.1 lb [0.5 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Dual SATA Hot-Swap Bay|
|2 - LP4-to-4-pin LED/15-pin SATA Power Y-cable|
|2 - SATA Cable|
|2 - Hard Drive Protector Film|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the HSB220SAT25B. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.