3.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack for Dual 2.5in Hard Drives
Product ID: SATDOCK2520
Easily connect and swap two 2.5in SATA hard drives through a single 3.5in front bay
Accepts up to two 2.5" SATA drives in a single 3.5" drive bay form factor
Lockable drive doors
15, 000+ insertion rating
The SATDOCK2520 3.5in SATA Mobile Rack lets you install two 2.5in SATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III-6Gbps) hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) into an available/unused 3.5in floppy drive bay.
The mobile rack delivers quick and easy access to hard drive contents, using a convenient "no mounting required /easy eject" feature (much like a tape cartridge or floppy disk) that eliminates the need for the drives to be installed in a tray - a time-saving solution for instant drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
For added security, the mobile rack is equipped with locking bay doors to prevent unauthorized removal of the swappable hard drives. Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Enables two 2.5in HDD/SSD to be installed into any free 3.5in drive bay without need of tray, caddy or carrier
- Providing a reliable HDD/SSD swapping solution this enclosure has an insertion cycle rating exceeding 15000 cycles
- Lockable drive doors add peace of mind and drive security
- Easily add two 2.5" SATA hard drives or solid state drives to a system with an available external 3.5" bay
- System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
- Technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them
|ASI Distribution USA||89076|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||15,000 Cycles|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Some SSD's require 12V power, which is not supplied by this device.|
|Enclosure Type||Steel and Plastic|
|Max Drive Height||0.4 in [9.5 mm]|
|Product Length||6.1 in [154 mm]|
|Product Width||4 in [101 mm]|
|Product Height||1 in [25 mm]|
|Product Weight||7.9 oz [224 g]|
|LED Indicators||2 - Blue/Red (Blue-Online, Red-Activity)|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 70°C (41°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 80°C (-40°F to 176°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||11.6 oz [330 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Dual 2.5in HDD Dock|
|2 - SATA data cables|
|2 - Keys|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SATDOCK2520. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.