4 Drive 2.5in Removable SAS SATA Mobile Rack Backplane
Product ID: SATSASBAY425
Install four 2.5in SAS/SATA Hard Drives into one 5.25in Bay
Holds up to four 2.5" SATA/SAS drives across one 5.25" bays
Dual 40mm cooling fans
Durable, vented aluminum construction
1349 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The SATSASBAY425 Removable SAS and SATA Backplane/Mobile Rack offers a convenient and efficient way to maximize the storage density of your PC or Server when drive bay space is limited.
The backplane can house up to four 2.5" SAS or SATA removable hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) (9.5mm, 12.5mm, or 14.8mm thick) in a single 5.25in drive bay, while supporting high speed data transfer rates up to 6 Gbps - a compact, RAID-compatible storage solution.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
To help dissipate operating heat, the SAS/SATA backplane features a sturdy aluminum casing that also helps to protect drives and valuable data from in-transit damage.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Quickly and easily install or remove SATA and/or SAS drives without having to open the chassis
- A durable aluminum construction and 25,000+ insertion rating ensures longevity from both the drives and backplane
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE or SATA-only backplane with a SAS/SATA backplane
- System builders who need to image many 2.5" drives simultaneously and quickly
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|ASI Distribution USA||101843|
|D and H||SATSASBAY425|
|Ingram Micro USA||CT3607|
|Number of Drives||4|
|Drive Type||SAS & SATA|
|Fans||2 - 40 mm|
|Fan Bearing Type||Sleeve Bearing|
|Drive Connectors||4 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|4 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||25, 000 Cycles|
|Air Flow Rate||7.81 CFM|
|Noise Level||29.07 dBA|
|Max Drive Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Length||6.9 in [175 mm]|
|Product Width||5.7 in [146 mm]|
|Product Height||1.7 in [42 mm]|
|Product Weight||27.9 oz [790 g]|
|LED Indicators||4 - Green (Solid - Power, Blinking - Activity)|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 75°C (-4°F to 167°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||37.8 oz [1070 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4 Drive Backplane|
|4 - 24in SATA cables|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SATSASBAY425. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery