5.25in Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in Hard Drive
Product ID: HSB100SATBK
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay
Holds a 3.5" SATA drive in a front accessible 5.25" bay
Trayless design: drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
Lockable drive bay
In stock: +
USA: 379 | Canada: 149
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
This 3.5in SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install a 3.5in SATA drive in an available/unused 5.25in drive bay. To remove the drive, it's as simple as opening the front panel door; to re-insert a drive, simply insert the drive (connector first) until the door closes.
The hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Designed to provide a durable and reliable operating experience, the mobile rack features a 50,000+ insertion rating and is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Quickly and easily install or remove hard drives without having to open the chassis with the innovative trayless design
- Rubber shock absorbers, a solid aluminum construction and 50,000+ insertion rating ensures longevity from both the drives and bay
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
- System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|ASI Distribution USA||81368|
|D and H||HSB100SATBK|
|Ingram Micro USA||L09683|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Receptacle|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||50,000+ Cycles|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Length||7.2 in [184 mm]|
|Product Width||5.9 in [149 mm]|
|Product Height||1.7 in [42 mm]|
|Product Weight||10.8 oz [305 g]|
|LED Indicators||1 - Drive Power/Activity|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Humidity||Operating - 5~85% RH Non-condensing |
Storage - 5~95%
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1 lb [0.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 5.25" Tray-Less SATA Hot-Swap Bay|
|Included in Package||2 - Key|
|Included in Package||1 - Screw Kit|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.