Hot Swap SATA/SAS Backplane RAID Bays – 3 Hard Drive Mobile Rack
Product ID: SATSASBAY3BK
Hot Swap up to three 3.5in SAS or SATA hard drives in and out of this removable backplane; features 3-in-2 design, that requires only two 5.25in drive bays
Fully supports SAS revision 1/2 (3.0/6.0 Gbps) hard drives and controllers
Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
1393 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The SATSASBAY3BK SAS/SATA Backplane offers an easy-to-use and cost-effective SATA hot swap solution and features a sturdy and compact 3-in-2 design that lets you install up to three 2.5"/3.5" SATA or SAS hard drives into only two 5.25in bays.
With support for SATA/SAS HDD the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
The SATSASBAY3BK is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Full support for both SAS and SATA drives enables the right type of drive for any application to be used
- Aluminum construction with an 80mm cooling fan ensures optimal heat dissipation for all of the drives
- Built-in audible warnings and LED status indicators keep you aware of the status of the drives at all time
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE or SATA backplanes with a SAS/SATA backplane
- Backup systems where physically removing the backed up data from the system is required
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|ASI Distribution USA||86367|
|D and H||SATSASBAY3BK|
|Ingram Micro USA||BH4487|
|Regulatory Approvals||UL94 V-0 Rated|
|Number of Drives||3|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Drive Type||SAS & SATA|
|Fans||1 - 80 mm|
|Drive Connectors||3 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Plug|
|2 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Two free 5.25" drive bays|
|3 x Available SAS or SATA ports|
|Note||If using SFF-8484 SAS controller for SAS Hard Drives, use StarTech.com SAS cable SAS84S450|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Steel|
|Product Length||8 in [202 mm]|
|Product Width||5.7 in [146 mm]|
|Product Height||3.4 in [86 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.7 lb [1.2 kg]|
|LED Indicators||1 - Over Heating Alarm (Flashing Red - Temperature Warring, Reset sensor and alarm)|
|3 - Hard Drive Indicator (Green - Power, Orange/Red Blinking - Activity)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-15°C to 75°C (-59°F to 167°F)|
|Humidity||90% RH at 30°C|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.2 lb [1.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SAS/SATA Backplane|
|3 - SATA cables|
|1 - Package of assemble screws|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SATSASBAY3BK. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery