PCI Express 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Fiber SFP PCIe Network Card Adapter NIC
Connect a PCI Express-based PC directly to a fiber optic network using the 10/100 Mbps SFP of your choice
Compatible with most 10/100 Mbps SFP modules
Supports Full/Half-duplex Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDI/MDIX
Compliant with IEEE 802.3u 100Base-FX, IEEE802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE802.1p Layer 2 Priority Encoding, IEEE 802.3x full duplex flow control, RFC 1157 SNMP v1
167 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The PEX100SFP PCI Express 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Fiber Open SFP Network Card lets you connect a PCI Express-based PC directly to a fiber optic network using the 10/100 Mbps SFP of your choice.
A versatile solution for connecting a computer directly to a 10/100 Mbps fiber network, the PCIe SFP network adapter enables you to choose the 10/100 Mbps SFP that best suits your network fiber connection and distance requirements (see our full line of 100 Mbps transceivers for compatible solutions).
Ideal for secure network setups, the open SFP NIC offers a direct fiber connection which is not susceptible to electronic interference like standard RJ45 networks.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- An open SFP slot provides the flexibility to configure this SFP network adapter to best suit your network requirements
- Ideal for secure setups, a direct Fiber-to-the-desktop connection means no electronic interference like standard RJ45 network cards
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
Linux 2.4.x/ 2.6.x
- Ideal for secure setups - a direct fiber connection means no electronic interference, which can be a problem with RJ45 network cards
- Perfect for remote embedded industrial monitoring systems, and high speed video surveillance
- Retain full 100 Mbps network speeds to a remote terminal over long distances
|ASI Distribution USA||134102|
|D and H||PEX100SFP|
|Ingram Micro USA||QV8854|
|Product Height||3.1 in [80 mm]|
|Product Length||4.5 in [115 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.5 oz [42 g]|
|Product Width||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Low Profile|
|Chipset ID||Realtek - RTL8168B; Marvell - 88E1111-RCJ1|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3u 100Base-FX, IEEE802.1Q VLAN Tagging, IEEE802.1p Layer 2 Priority Encoding, IEEE 802.3x full duplex flow control, RFC 1157 SNMP v1|
|Buffer Size||48 KB|
|Compatible Networks||10/100 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||200 Mbps (Full-Duplex)|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||1 - SFP Slot Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
Linux 2.4.x/ 2.6.x
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Fiber data transfer speeds and distances are dependent on the SFP used (sold separately)|
|LED Indicators||1 - Activity (Yellow)|
|1 - Link (Green)|
|Power Consumption||2.3 W Max|
|Humidity||5~95% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6.5 oz [185 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express Open SFP Network Card|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual (on CD)|
Connect a PC directly to a multimode ST fiber network through an available PCI slot
Add a gigabit Multi-mode SC fiber port to your system through PCI Express
Connect a PC directly to a multimode SC fiber network through an available PCI slot
Add, replace or upgrade SFP modules on 100 Mbps fiber equipment
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PEX100SFP. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am having issues with my new network interface card (NIC) and my on-board NIC is still enabled. What do I do in Windows?
- Why do I have speed or connectivity issues?
- How do I change my IP address in Windows XP?
- How do I change my IP address in Windows Vista?
- How do I change my IP address in Windows 7?
- How do I change my IP address in Windows 8?
- How do I ping another network device to make sure that they can see each other in Windows?
- How do I ping another network device to make sure that they can see each other in Mac OSX?
- Can I use my network card for a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)?
- How do I set up a VLAN tag with the Realtek Diagnostic Toolkit in Windows?
- How do I install my networking card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8? (.exe method)
- How do I install my network card in Windows XP? (.exe method)
- I installed my new expansion card and now the computer cannot load the operating system. What do I do?
- I have installed my new expansion card but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - PCI Express 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Fiber SFP PCIe Network Card Adapter NIC