1 Port RS232 Serial over IP Ethernet Device Server
Product ID: NETRS232_1
Connect to, configure and remotely manage an RS-232 serial device over an IP network
Comes complete with Ether Link Manager software making serial device configuration easy
Data transfer rates of up to 115.2 Kb/sec per port
0 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
This product has been replaced with:1 Port RS232 Serial to IP Ethernet Converter / Device Server - Aluminum (NETRS2321P)
This Ethernet-to-Remote RS232 Serial interface converter allows you to install your RS232 serial devices anywhere on your TCP/IP Ethernet WAN/LAN, and still access them as if they were right beside you - even if the connection is established through an Internet connection!
The serial interface converter provides easy serial control, even at the longest distances, allowing access to the remote serial ports from within your local computer Windows device manager.
The Ethernet to RS232 Remote Serial converter is designed to function seamlessly with your other serial ports for totally transparent operation. Your serial equipment – card scanners, access keypads, bar code scanners, and more – will operate as smoothly as if the serial ports were right inside your computer. For industrial automation, security, Point of Sale, or any time you need reliable, long-range serial communications, the Ethernet/Serial interface converter delivers superior performance in any environment.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Add one network-enabled RS-232 Serial port to any Ethernet network
- Allows several users share a serial device
- No need to setup numerous and costly dedicated serial device servers, manage serial devices from a single PC
- Operates seamlessly with built-in serial ports, the remote serial ports appear alongside other serial ports in your Windows device manager
- Works over the Internet!
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), XP(32), 2000
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2003(32)
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Hospital (monitoring equipment, nurses' stations)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
|ASI Distribution USA||87400|
|D and H||NETRS2321|
|Ingram Micro USA||D00041|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Supported Protocols||RS-232, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, ICMP, TFTP|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||115.2 Kbps|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), XP(32), 2000
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2003(32)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||All modes other than Driver Mode operate independently of the operating system|
|Product Length||5.1 in [130 mm]|
|Product Width||3.7 in [95 mm]|
|Product Height||1.7 in [44 mm]|
|Product Weight||8 oz [227 g]|
|Output Current||200 mA|
|Power Adapter Included||Yes|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 70° C|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.1 lb [0.5 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Serial over IP Unit|
|1 - Power Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the NETRS232_1. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery