USB to DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter – 1920x1200
Connect a DVI display for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution
Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200
Includes DVI to VGA Adapter and supports the use of DVI to HDMI adapters
Works with desktop and laptop computers
No power adapter required, easy installation
£79.19 inc VAT
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from the UK if ordered by 2:30pm*
The USB2DVIE3 USB DVI Video Adapter offers a perfect external multi-monitor solution, enabling you to add a high-resolution (up to 1920x1200) external DVI output to your desktop or laptop computer system using an available USB 2.0 port.
A cost-effective solution for systems that lack the outputs required for a multi-monitor setup, this high-performance USB to DVI adapter can be used to mirror your primary display and show the same image on both screens, or extend your desktop to double your workspace.
This small form factor USB video adapter can be used with up to 4 additional (5 total) USB2DVIE3 USB video adapters, creating multiple DVI connections to add additional displays quickly and easily - all without having to open the computer case to add extra video cards.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Compact, USB powered adapter provides the easiest way add a high-resolution secondary or additional display to your PC
- Completely external device offers a simple upgrade solution saving the cost and hassle of upgrading the internal video card on your system
- The ability to use multiple adapters (up to five) provides a scalable display configuration for future expansion
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 10 (32/64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
- Add a secondary display adapter and extend your desktop display without taking apart your computer to install a new video card
- Add multiple (up to five) monitors/projectors to your computer setup using one USB2DVIE3 device for each additional display
- View large or multiple spreadsheets that span multiple displays
- A compact, lightweight solution for traveling business associates using laptop PCs enabling connection to a secondary display
- Connect multiple monitors to a single computer to create engaging multimedia presentations
- Use the adapter to connect your PC to your television for showing family pictures and movies
- Increase productivity by running multiple applications on different screens, check your email on one display and work on a document in the other
- Great for researchers and writers offering the ability to have reference material on one display and a working document copy on the other
|Ingram Micro UK||V931610|
|Chipset ID||MCT T2-285B|
|Industry Standards||USB 2.0 Compliant|
|Memory||32MB DDR SDRAM|
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen(16/32 bit):
1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB A (4 pin) Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - DVI-I (29 pin) Female Output|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64)
Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64)
Windows Vista (32/64)
Windows XP (32/64)
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||One available USB 2.0 port|
|Humidity||<85% RH non condensing|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 75°C (-14°F to 167°F)|
|Cable Length||500 mm [19.7 in]|
|Product Height||18 mm [0.7 in]|
|Product Length||88 mm [3.5 in]|
|Product Weight||108 g [3.8 oz]|
|Product Width||52.5 mm [2.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 kg [0.7 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to DVI Adapter|
|1 - DVI to VGA adapter|
|1 - Driver and Software CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Connect a DVI display for an entry-level extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution
£58.99 exc VAT
£70.79 inc VAT
Connect a DVI display for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution using an all-in-one cable solution
£89.99 exc VAT
£107.99 inc VAT
£6.56 exc VAT
£7.87 inc VAT
£18.36 exc VAT
£22.03 inc VAT
Extend your VGA monitor connection without losing video signal quality
£13.22 exc VAT
£15.86 inc VAT
Connect your VGA Display to a DVI-I source
£4.99 exc VAT
£5.99 inc VAT
Connect DVI capable devices to HDMI®-enabled devices and vice versa
£8.55 exc VAT
£10.26 inc VAT
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the USB2DVIE3. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Super easy install, works fine
Got this for a client who wanted a 3rd monitor on his laptop for sticking outlook on. It's a USB monitor adapter so you can't expect to do anything fancy.. works fine. The install took about 2 minutes and worked properly right away.
Mac NOT supported
Why this company would make only some of their products available for Mac and then some not is beyond me.
Response from StarTech.com:
Thanks for your feedback. Since not all of our products are currently compatible with the Mac OS, we recommend checking the Technical Specifications section on each product page under OS Compatibility, or contacting our Tech Support team. If you're still looking for a USB to DVI adapter that's compatible with Mac OS, you might want to check out a similar product - our USB2DVIPRO2 (www.startech.com/USB2DVIPRO2) as an alternative.
Awsome for laptop workstations
Great functionality and ease of use to add multiple monitors to my laptop. My work requires me to travel with my laptop and multiple computers, desktop in the office and laptop for travel, is not an option. While I am in the office I am connected to a base station, providing me with 2 DVI ports. I also have 4 USB to DVI adapters for a total of 6 monitors. This is an awesome resource for multitasking. My teams work progress, my outlook calander, my CRM program, the internet, another computer accessed thru Team Viewer, my start menue / with phone controls and a call log entry window all open at the same time, available at a glance. Only 4 stars because I am having a difficult time displaying video on the monitors thru the adapter. this is a minor inconveniance. If i can get videos to play on all my monitors my rating will go to 5 stars.
Saves using a graphics card
Super little device to cheaply give you a 2nd screen, newer PC's might have display ports, but until then this is great. Very occasionally a browser window from one screen may jump to the other on my w7 machine. I'm not sure what clicking the "fixed position" mode does on the software that came with it. I will buy more for other PC's & laptops.
Don't bother just get a new video card
Bought a few of these for a client that had a mix of workstation and form factors. Thought it would be a easy solution to get dual monitors on all their workstations. The performance of this device is not very good. Users are just coping and pasting text from a word doc to email not like they are trying to game with them. Tech support recommends disabling Aero and all the eye candy features to get it to work somewhat better. I personally wouldn't use it so it's hard for me to sell it to my clients. #shouldofjustgotnewvideocards
Never had a single problem with it.
I use this device at work, connected to a docking station that shares 4 users. None of us have any problems. Very happy with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does one of my connected displays turn off, when my USB video adapter is connected?
- Will my touchscreen / all-in-one computer work with a USB Video Adapter?
- Why do my icons move back to the primary display when I restart or wake my computer up (Windows XP)?
- Why am I experiencing issues with remote desktop software and USB video adapters?
- Why do my charms in Windows 8 open on the incorrect monitor?
- My mouse does not move properly between my monitors; what do I do?
- How do I mirror my primary display onto my secondary display in Windows?
- How can I identify which DVI video connection I have or need?
- How do I install my USB video adapter in Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10? (.exe method)
- How do I install my USB video adapter in Windows XP? (.exe method)
- How do I uninstall the USB video adapter from my computer?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
- I'm having problems with my web browser, Microsoft Office, or other Windows applications; what do I do?
- Why does my mouse pointer disappear on the secondary monitor?
- Why do I lose my additional monitor(s) when my computer wakes up from sleep mode in Windows?
- I have installed my new USB device but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Startech.com - USB to DVI External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter – 1920x1200