SlimPort / MyDP to VGA Video Converter – Micro USB to VGA Adapter for HP ChromeBook 11 – 1080p
Connect your SlimPort enabled device to a VGA monitor or projector, ideal for SlimPort-enabled Chromebook computers
Product ID: SLMPT2VGA
- Supports video resolution up to 1920x1200 at 60 FPS
- Supports simultaneous charging when a Micro USB charge cable is attached to the mobile device
- Compact, lightweight design
- Supports HP Chromebook 11, and LG Optimus G Pro & LG G2 smartphones
The SLMPT2VGA Micro USB (SlimPort) to VGA adapter lets you connect your SlimPort / MyDP-enabled laptop or smartphone to any VGA-equipped television, monitor or projector. Perfect for extending workspace or viewing content from your HP Chromebook 11 laptop, LG Optimus G Pro or G2 smartphone on a larger screen, the adapter offers a simple way to increase productivity or share your screen for group viewing.
The SlimPort to VGA adapter supports video resolutions up to 1920x1200 at 60 frames per second, delivering high resolution video content to your display without sacrificing video quality on games or videos. You can also use the 3.5mm audio jack from your source device to provide stereo audio to your speakers; simply connect a 3.5mm audio cable from your source device to your display device or speaker system.
Plus, this compact, lightweight adapter features a Micro USB port on the side that lets you simultaneously charge your mobile device while you're using it to display content on an additional display, providing a convenient and highly portable accessory for connecting your SlimPort/MyDP device to a larger screen, even when you're on the go.
The SlimPort adapter is intended for displaying user-generated content such as presentations, documents, and work sheets onto a VGA projector or monitor. HDCP encrypted content will not be displayed and certain devices output HDCP for all content, by default these devices will not function with this adapter.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect a SlimPort / MyDP-enabled device such as an HP Chromebook, or LG Optimus G Pro & LG G2 to a television, monitor or projector through VGA
- Display video content such as a presentation from your SlimPort-enabled smartphone or computer to a VGA projector
- Share photos or video from your SlimPort-enabled device to your VGA-enabled home theatre system
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Increase your productivity by extending your desktop onto a VGA display for additional workspace, or sharing your SlimPort-enabled device with a larger display for group viewing
- Play games and videos without missing a frame, with support for 60 frame per second video content
- Keep your mobile device fully charged while connected to the adapter, by connecting USB power source with simultaneous charging support
- Maximize portability with a compact, lightweight adapter that easily travels with your smartphone or tablet
Ingram Micro Belgium
Tech Data - Belgium
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|AV Input||Micro USB (Slimport/MyDP)|
|Chipset ID||Analogix - 7732|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920 x 1200|
|Maximum Cable Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - Slimport®/MyDP (5 pin, USB Micro B) Male|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||HDCP encrypted content will not be displayed|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||10 cm [3.9 in]|
|Product Height||1 cm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||14 cm [5.5 in]|
|Product Width||26 mm [1 in]|
|Weight of Product||13 g [0.5 oz]|
|Package Height||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Package Length||15 cm [5.9 in]|
|Package Width||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||40 g [1.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SlimPort to VGA Adapter|
Charge or sync micro USB mobile devices from a standard USB port on your desktop or mobile computer
Connect your VGA monitor with the highest quality connection available
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a video adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Video source (such as a DVD player or computer)
Video destination (such as a monitor or projector)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the cable, video adapter, video source, and video destination in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different cable, video adapter, video source, and video destination in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
Test each cable individually.
Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the video source and video destination, it is recommended that you do the following:
Remove the video adapter from your setup and test to make sure that the video source and video destination work together without the video adapter.
Test to make sure that the video source and video destination work together at the resolution that you want to use.
Note: In order for your setup to work properly, the video source, adapter, and destination all need to support the resolution that you are using.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.