There is no video signal shown on the display. How do I fix this?
- Our driver may not be installed or is out of date. Install the latest driver from StarTech.com’s website.
- The primary display adapter for the computer has an outdated or basic driver installed. Update the video driver using the manufacturer’s support site.
- The product requires an existing video controller (onboard or discrete) from Intel, AMD, or NVIDIA. The video controller must have a WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model), compatible driver. Most video controllers from 2008 or newer will meet this requirement.
- An incompatible operating system is being used (i.e., MCT based adapter and macOS). If using a Mac, we recommend exchanging the product for a DisplayLink based version.
- The display connected to the StarTech.com adapter is set to the wrong video input. Use the display’s on-screen display menu to select the correct input.