2.5in to 3.5in IDE Hard Drive Cable Adapter
Connect a 2.5in IDE laptop hard drive to an IDE-equipped desktop computer.
Product ID: IDE4044
This 2.5in to 3.5in IDE Hard Drive Adapter cable provides a 44-pin female IDE connector and a 40-pin male IDE connector as well as an LP4 power supply connection, allowing you to connect a 2.5in IDE laptop hard drive to a desktop computer.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Cost-effective solution for connecting a 2.5in IDE laptop hard drive to a desktop computer
- Easy to use and install
- Backed by StarTech.com's lifetime warranty
Imaging 2.5" notebook hard drives
|Connector A||1 - IDE (44 Pin, EIDE/PATA, 2.5" HDD) Female|
|1 - LP4 (4 pin, Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|Connector B||1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Male|
|Product Weight||10 g [0.4 oz]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0 kg [0 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PLATE|
|1 - CONNECTING WIRE|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.