Micro USB 5 pin to 11 pin MHL Adapter for Samsung
Connect 11-pin MHL mobile audio/video devices, to MHL-enabled HDTV displays
Product ID: S3MHADAP
The S3MHADAP Micro USB to MHL Adapter converts the 11-pin Samsung connector into a standard 5-pin Micro USB connector, which enables you to connect Samsung 11-pin mobile digital devices (S3, S4, Note 2) to a High-Definition display, or home entertainment system through an MHL cable, such as our 3m Passive Micro USB to HDMI MHL Cable (MHDPMM3M).
The S3MHADAP adapter is backed by StarTech.com’s Lifetime Warranty, for guaranteed reliability.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Enjoy mobile content on a large screen
- Guaranteed reliability
|Connector A||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Female|
|Connector B||1 - MHL™ (11 pin, Mobile High-Definition Link) Male|
|Weight of Product||5 g [0.2 oz]|
|Package Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Package Length||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6.3 g [0.2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Samsung S3 MHL Adapter - 5 to 11 Pin Converter|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) allows a standard USB connector to carry digital video signals. To use the MHL output from a mobile device using a micro-USB connector, the MHL output must be converted by using an MHL adapter. MHL can only be adapted to HDMI.
Although many mobile devices use the micro-USB connector and the MHL adapters can plug into your mobile device, the mobile device still requires MHL support. MHL support is a hardware specification on your mobile device, and it cannot be resolved by applying updates of any type.
To determine if your mobile device supports MHL, research the manufacturer specifications for your mobile device. You can also search for your device on the following website: http://www.mhltech.org/devices.aspx.
To make sure that you select the correct adapter, you need to determine if you are using a 5-pin or 11-pin micro-USB. This information can usually be found with the MHL specification on your mobile device.
Different types of Samsung devices that use an 11-pin micro-USB require external power to perform the conversion. First-generation Samsung MHL 2.0 requires external power, whereas the second generation does not. A passive 11-pin cable can be used with second-generation Samsung mobile devices.
StarTech.com 5-pin and 11-pin adapters have a micro-USB receptacle to provide additional power to the mobile device. You can use a standard micro-USB cable with a USB charger to power the converter.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.