2 Port PCI IDE Controller Adapter Card
Add two internal IDE connectors to a computer through a PCI slot
Product ID: PCIIDE2
- Two dual channel IDE connectors
- Support for up to Ultra ATA/133 hard drives with transfer rates up to 133 MBps
- 48-bit LBA
- Compliant with PCI specification revision 2.2
This 2 Port IDE (Ultra ATA/133) Controller Card can be installed in a PCI slot, to add more IDE storage capability to your PC.
Providing two IDE drive channels with support for two drives per channel and data transfer rates of up to 133 MBps, this adapter card can act as the primary boot device and replace built-in IDE ports, or provide 2 additional high-speed ports to the system. Designed to perform with high-speed IDE/133 drives, the adapter card also supports 100 MBps hard drives, 66 MBps hard drives, 33 MBps hard drives, CD-ROMS, CDRW drives, and other ATA peripherals.
To ensure hassle-free installation, the IDE Controller Card includes Bus-Master drivers for Windows 98/ME/NT 4/2000/XP and Vista™.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Two dual channel IDE connectors support up to four PATA devices on one card
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
Replace a failed IDE port on the motherboard
Connect legacy hard drives, CD/DVD drives, ZIP drives, etc to a newer computer system
|Bus Type||PCI / PCI-X (5 / 3.3V)|
|Card Type||Standard Profile|
|Chipset ID||ITE - IT8212F|
|Max Drive Capacity||Up to 132 GB|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||133 MBps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI / PCI-X (Universal 3.3 & 5V, 32-bit) Male|
|Internal Ports||2 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
|Product Height||85 mm [3.3 in]|
|Product Length||120 mm [4.7 in]|
|Product Weight||73 g [2.6 oz]|
|Product Width||18 mm [0.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2 Port IDE PCI Controller Card|
|1 - IDE Cable|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
This device supports the ATA Packet Interface (ATAPI) protocol. ATAPI is required for optical drives, including CD-ROM drives, DVD-ROM drives, and Blu-ray players. Because this device supports ATAPI, optical drives are also supported.
Yes. This PCI card uses a universal connector keyed for both 3.3V and 5V that can be used with PCI and PCI-X. This type of connector is identified as having 2 separate notches, instead of just one.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.