Travel Docking Station for Laptops - HDMI or VGA - USB 3.0
Create a mobile workstation using your Ultrabook™ or laptop USB 3.0 port via this portable USB 3.0 mini dock
Product ID: USB3SMDOCKHV
- HDMI® or VGA video output, USB 3.0 hub port, and GbE through just a single USB 3.0 connection
- Compact and lightweight - multiple connection options in a travel-friendly casing designed for maximum portability
- Built-in USB 3.0 cable, which can be tucked away neatly while not in use
The travel docking station for laptops lets you transform your laptop or Ultrabook™ into a mobile workstation. It adds HDMI® or VGA video output, a USB 3.0 hub port, and a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port, through a single USB 3.0 host connection. The travel-friendly dock helps you overcome the port limitations of modern mobile computers, making it ideal for your laptop, Microsoft Surface™ Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, Surface 3, Surface Pro 2 or Surface Book.
Now, you can avoid the nuisance of carrying multiple adapters. By consolidating four essential connection ports into one convenient device, the travel dock is the the perfect laptop accessory. It features a lightweight, compact design that fits nicely into your travel bag and also features an integrated host connection cable that tucks neatly into the docking stations casing.
A versatile solution for connecting an additional display to your laptop, the travel docking station offers HDMI video output with audio, or VGA video output, providing two popular interfaces for connecting a television, projector, or monitor as a second display, with support for resolutions up to 2048x1152 (QWXGA). Leveraging the high-bandwidth (5Gbps) USB 3.0 interface to deliver flexible video output, a USB 3.0 hub port, and Gigabit Ethernet, you can quickly set up a multi-functional workstation while on the run, without sacrificing one of your laptop USB ports.
Setup is seamless and hassle-free; the travel dock will automatically download the latest driver when connected to Windows® system with an active network connection.
The USB3SMDOCKHV is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Work from your Ultrabook or laptop easily, while you’re on the run or on the road, by adding essential connectivity options
- Use your Ultrabook or laptop as a multi-display workstation, through external monitor support, and run multiple applications on different screens
- Use an HDMI port-equipped television in a hotel room as a second display when traveling
- Add an extra display as well as wired Gigabit network access to your slimline laptop, while keeping your USB 3.0 port available for other connections
- Connect to your HDMI or VGA-equipped projector and display multimedia content at home, or engaging presentations in boardrooms
- Connect your laptop to a wired Gigabit network in situations where a WiFi connection isn't available, such as in classrooms, offices, and hotels
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Consolidates several connection ports into a single, multi-function adapter, including flexible HDMI or VGA output plus a USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet port
- Portable and travel-friendly design that lets you take the adapter anywhere, with a built-in cable and no external power required
- Fast, hassle-free setup. Latest drivers are automatically downloaded in Windows® systems when an active network connection is present
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||DisplayLink - DL-3700|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Hub port supports USB 2.0/1.1 backward-compatibility
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||2048x1152 (VGA)
Lower resolutions are also supported.
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||2048x1152 (HDMI)
Lower resolutions are also supported.
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Male|
|1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP SP3 (32-bit), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
macOS 10.6 - 10.12, 10.14 - 10.15
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Only a single video output can be used at one time, HDMI® or VGA. If a display is connected to each video output port at the same time, then the HDMI® port will take priority|
|Drivers for macOS systems are not automatically installed. Please see the support section for driver download.|
|System and Cable Requirements||USB enabled computer system with available USB 3.0 port|
|LED Indicators||1 - Link (Green)|
|1 - Activity (Yellow)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||93 mm [3.7 in]|
|Product Height||1.7 cm [0.7 in]|
|Product Length||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Product Width||55 mm [2.2 in]|
|Weight of Product||82 g [2.9 oz]|
|Package Height||43 mm [1.7 in]|
|Package Length||14.3 cm [5.6 in]|
|Package Width||16.7 cm [6.6 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||192 g [6.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 Mini Docking Station|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
macOS 10.6 - 10.12, 10.14 - 10.15
Add a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port and HDMI output to your port-limited laptop, through a single USB 3.0 port
Add a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port and VGA output to your port-limited laptop, through USB 3.0
Laptop Docking Station | Mac & Windows® | DVI to VGA & HDMI® Adapters | 2x Charge Ports
Laptop Docking Station | USB 3.0 | TAA Compliant | Mac & Windows®
Add 3 external USB 3.0 ports with UASP and a Gigabit Ethernet port to your Ultrabook™ or laptop through a single USB 3.0 port
Add a Gigabit Ethernet port and a USB 3.0 pass-through port to your laptop through a single USB 3.0 port
Laptop Docking Station | File Transfer | DisplayPort & HDMI | Mac & Windows® | 5x USB
Connect an HDMI®-enabled output device to a DVI-D display, or a DVI-D output device to an HDMI-capable display
Extend your SuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable by up to an additional meter
Extend your USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable by up to an additional 6 feet
Connect your USB Type-C laptop to a USB legacy peripheral device, with this durable adapter
Connect a DVI device to an HDMI® enabled device using a standard DVI-D cable
Connect DVI capable devices to HDMI®-enabled devices and vice versa
Use your DVI-I Display with a VGA video card
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
No, you cannot use this docking station to charge a connected laptop computer.
To see a list of laptop docking stations that can charge a connected laptop, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/laptop-docking-stations-will-charge-laptop.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.