Dual Monitor USB 3.0 Docking Station - 6x USB 3.0
Laptop Docking Station | Mac & Windows® | HDMI & DVI | DVI to VGA Adapter
Product ID: DK30ADD
- Connects your Mac or Windows laptop to dual monitors: HDMI + DVI, or HDMI + VGA
- Connect more USB devices with 6x USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports including 2x Fast-Charge ports
- Add wired network connectivity with the Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- DVI to VGA adapter included to connect to a legacy VGA display or projector
This USB 3.0 docking station for Mac and Windows™ laptops gives you display flexibility and the ports you need to maximize workstation performance. The cost-effective dual-monitor docking station provides many video output options including HDMI®, DVI and VGA (with adapter), and gives you six USB ports for peripherals, including two fast-charge USB ports.
Enhance Productivity with Dual Video
The USB 3.0 dock expands the display capabilities of your Mac or Windows laptop. Set up dual displays by connecting to one HDMI and one DVI monitor. Plus, the laptop docking station includes a DVI to VGA adapter, so you can connect to a legacy VGA monitor.
With the dual-monitor dock, you can connect:
- 1x HDMI display + 1x DVI display at 2048 x 1152 resolution @ 60Hz
- 1x HDMI display at 2048 x 1152 resolution + 1x VGA display at 1920 x 1200 resolution @ 60Hz
All the Connections You Need
Transform your laptop into a fully capable workstation. This USB 3.0 dock provides six USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports so you can easily connect your keyboard, external drives and other peripherals, from the single USB 3.0 host connection. Two of the USB 3.0 ports are always-on fast-charge ports, adding charge-and-sync flexibility for up to two mobile devices. The docking station also provides a Gigabit Ethernet port plus a 3.5 mm audio headphone port.
DK30ADD is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Connect to a wide range of monitors in businesses and institutions
Ideal for shared workspaces in hotels, or for short-term hot desk applications
Add dual video outputs to a laptop, where the video card can’t be replaced
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||DisplayLink - DL-3900
VIA/VLI - VL813
|Industry Standards||USB Battery Charging Specification Rev. 1.2
IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||Dual displays - HDMI + DVI - 2048 x 1152 @ 60Hz
Dual displays - HDMI 2048 x 1152 + VGA 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DVI-I (29 pin) Female|
|1 - 19 pin HDMI Female Female|
|2 - USB 3.0 A (Fast-Charge, 9 pin, SuperSpeed) Female|
|4 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|1 - Ethernet Gigabit Female|
|1 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (4 Position) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
macOS 10.10 - 10.12, 10.14
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps.|
|A DVI to VGA adapter is included.|
|System and Cable Requirements||A host laptop with an available USB-A port.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||1 A|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Current||2 A|
|Output Voltage||20V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||40W|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||1000 mm [39.4 in]|
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Product Height||31.2 mm [1.2 in]|
|Product Length||216.1 mm [8.5 in]|
|Product Weight||291 g [10.3 oz]|
|Product Width||86.2 mm [3.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||815 g [28.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - docking station|
|1 - USB 3.0 cable|
|1 - DVI to VGA adapter|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA/JP, UK, EU, ANZ)|
|1 - quick-start guide|
macOS 10.10 - 10.12, 10.14
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
No, you cannot use this docking station to charge a connected laptop computer.
To see a list of laptop docking stations that can charge a connected laptop, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/laptop-docking-stations-will-charge-laptop.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.