Industrial RS232 to RS422/485 Serial Port Converter with 15KV ESD Protection
Convert an RS232 data signal to either RS485 or RS422 with this wall-mountable, ESD-protected adapter
Product ID: IC232485S
The IC232485S Industrial RS232 to RS-422/485 Serial Converter is a bi-directional adapter that lets you adapt an RS232 data signal to either RS485 (2 or 4-wire) or RS422 and vice-versa, with support for baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps.
Ideal for industrial environments, the serial port converter provides 15KV ESD protection on all signal pins to protect costly and often sensitive control equipment against electrical damage. The serial converter also features a sturdy wall-mountable metal housing with Power, Tx and Rx LED indicators for simple status monitoring.
The adapter supports auto baud rate detection as well as RS-422 and RS485 mode detection, with an integrated dip switch for manual mode selection if needed, and supports connection distances of up to 4000ft (1200m).
Backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Protect sensitive industrial equipment with integrated ESD protection
- Communicate efficiently with connected devices through high-speed 921Kbps support
- Suitable for industrial environments with a rugged, wall-mountable enclosure
Monitor or control RS-422/485 serial devices like PLCs and other industrial equipment
Adapt and connect a scale, meter, scanner or one of several other control peripherals to a computer system with only RS232
|Port Style||Cable Adapters|
|Max Baud Rate||921.6 Kbps|
|Maximum Cable Length||1200 m [3936 ft]|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Female|
|1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power (Green)|
|1 - Rx (Yellow)|
|1 - Tx (Yellow)|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.3 A|
|Input Voltage||110V-240V AC|
|Output Current||1 A|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||5|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||22 mm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||117 mm [4.6 in]|
|Product Weight||143 g [5 oz]|
|Product Width||59 mm [2.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||285 g [10.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - RS-232 to RS-422/485 Converter|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/EU/UK)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.