40/44 Pin IDE to Compact Flash SSD Adapter
Connect a CompactFlash card to a 40 or 44-pin IDE host
Product ID: IDE2CF
This IDE to Compact Flash SSD Adapter Card allows you to convert a single Compact Flash (CF type I/II) Card or MicroDrive into a bootable IDE Solid State Drive - a simple and convenient way to replace a IDE hard disk drive.
The adapter card makes it easy to build your own do-it-yourself SSD (requires CF card or Micro Drive), allowing you to take advantage of the benefits that Solid State storage has to offer. With no moving parts, an SSD is the ideal solution in work environments desiring the key properties of SSD's - low power consumption, no noise, shock resistance, fast access time and low operating temperatures providing cooler and quieter storage than a conventional hard disk drive. Plus, Solid State drives are less susceptible to atmospheric hazards (e.g. dust particles, atmospheric changes etc.), ensuring seamless performance regardless of environmental factors.
The adapter is equipped with both a 40 pin (3.5in Desktop HDD) IDE channel or a 44 pin (2.5in Notebook HDD) IDE channel. This unique multi interface board allows the adapter to be used in both regular and small form factor case designs, create a perfect solution for embedded systems.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Supports both 40/44-pin IDE interfaces for compatibility and UDMA CompactFlash cards for speed
- Onboard jumper configurations and LED indicators for easy setup
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
Use a small ComactFlash card in place of an IDE hard drive for small embedded solutions
Use a solid state CompactFlash card in place of a mechanical hard drive for better durability
Reduce system noise and heat by running a CompactFlash card instead of a tradition hard drive
|Memory Media Type||Compact Flash I|
|Compact Flash II|
|IBM Micro Drive|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - CompactFlash (50 pin) Slot|
|1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Male|
|1 - IDE (44 Pin, EIDE/PATA, 2.5" HDD) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||40 or 44 pin IDE interface|
|LED Indicators||1 - Green - Activity|
|1 - Red - Power|
|1 - Yellow - Card Present|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to +50°C (32°F to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to +70°C (14°F to +158°F)|
|Product Height||13 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||70 mm [2.8 in]|
|Product Weight||21 g [0.7 oz]|
|Product Width||63 mm [2.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||460 g [16.2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - IDE to CompactFlash Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.