40 Pin Female IDE to SATA Adapter Converter
Allows connection of a SATA device to an IDE motherboard or card
Product ID: IDE2SAT25
- Compliant with SATA specification 1.0 and Ultra ATA-133
- Compact form factor
- No driver/software installation required
This IDE to SATA adapter converts a 40-pin IDE connector to a SATA connector, allowing you to connect a 2.5in or 3.5in SATA (SATA, SATA II/SATA 300) drive to the motherboard in place of an IDE drive.
The IDE to SATA Adapter is suitable for installation in any computer case, as it is requires minimal space and does not impact airflow.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A compact form factor to fit into almost any installation and no driver installation for true plug and play installation
- Backed by a lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
Connect newer SATA devices to older IDE motherboards
Replace an old IDE hard drive with a new SATA drive
Small form factor systems with limited room for adapters/converters
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JM20330|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||133 MBps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Female|
|1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|1 - SP4 (4 pin, Small Drive Power) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Product Height||9 mm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Product Weight||44 g [1.6 oz]|
|Product Width||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||99 g [3.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - IDE to SATA Adapter|
|1 - SATA Cable|
|1 - Y Cable (LP4 to LP4 + SP4)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Connect your SATA drive to an IDE motherboard
Quickly and easily connect SATA and/or IDE hard drives through USB 2.0
Connect 2 SATA hard drives to an IDE motherboard or card
This high quality SATA cable is designed for connecting SATA drives even in tight spaces.
Connect and position SATA drives easily - designed for larger cases
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.