USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with UASP
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
Product ID: SDOCKU33BV
The SDOCKU33BV UASP-enabled USB 3.0 docking station makes it easy for you to connect and swap 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) through an available USB port. The dock performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives.
With support for large capacity SATA I/II/III drives (tested up to 4TB), and 2.5in or 3.5in drives this HDD/SSD docking station is compatible with virtually any SATA drive, and greatly increases the storage/backup capabilities of your computer.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCKU33BV supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
The SDOCKU33BV is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Add quick access to drives for data recovery or retrieval.
- Backup data quickly to an external data archiving
- Test or benchmark different hard drives and swap between them
- Quickly access drives for imaging
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free access to drive data, with hot-swappable top slot-loading dock design that supports both 2.5in and 3.5in HDD/SSDs
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1053 - 6G|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Activity|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20%RH ~ 80%RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Product Height||5.2 cm [2 in]|
|Product Length||13.9 cm [5.5 in]|
|Product Width||91 mm [3.6 in]|
|Weight of Product||318 g [11.2 oz]|
|Package Height||94 mm [3.7 in]|
|Package Length||17 cm [6.7 in]|
|Package Width||16.1 cm [6.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||704 g [24.9 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 SATA hard drive docking station|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - Universal power adapter: comes ready for NA/EU/UK only when you buy in NA/EU/UK; comes ready for Australia and New Zealand only when you buy in Australia and New Zealand|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add two USB 3.0 ports through a Mini PCI Express slot
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.